Help - Carb

B

blastermaster122

Hey all, I posted yesterday about this issue. I just did a top-end rebuild, the bike has a 360 main jet which worked fine before the top end let go, now its running pig a$$ rich, especially up top! Any ideas why this is? Previous owner has a k&n and holes in the airbox lid. I took the seat off and lid and it started to run a tad better.

Thanks

Stock piston size, k&n filter, drilled air box lid, aftermarket silencer, all done by previous owner. Rebuild it and its really rich up top. I used 1 bottle of Golden Spectro to 5 gallons.

Drop the jet

Drop it down to a 280 and see what it does. with no after market pipe and stock goodies that 360 is way big. It sounds like it had a pipe on it, you sure it has stock exhaust? If it's got a pipe, you may just need to raise the clip postion/drop the needle. Are you sure it's rich from gas and not from a sucked crank seal blowing oil?

A

Not 100% sure. Good point with the seals though. The old piston did blow apart and I had to flush the bottom end up several times before I was happy. I'm going to knock the main jet down to 280-300 and see what happens

a 360 is for open air box and after market pipes, before i put on pipes and opened the airbox with the 360, myne bogged and was awful, did the upgrades and hauls ass