Heim joints for tie rod ends???

DirtDiggler

DUNEFREEK
Nov 24, 2009
Tacoma , Wa
I am in the midst of rebuilding my banshee and had a thought cross my brain , my +3 +1 a arms of course have heim joints for the ball joints , and I need 2 new tie rod ends . I just thought why not use heim joints ? I am assuming they make ones with left hand thread and I'm gonna search that out . Only question is about the bolt to mount them to the spindle , Im not sure if it's tapered ? I'll look at my spindles tomorrow . Has anyone else done this or looked into it? LMK

I must have really been drinking heavily , ASR didn't even come to mind and I have their a arms on the shee as well had them on my blaster . DUH ( epic facepalm )
I'm on a budget right now so I'll spend 44 on the stock style for now .
Thanks for the memory jog ...

Still drinkin heavily here :) ... one of the problems with my build ... I needed more angle than a standard ball joint ... I'm turning the balls off the tapers (LOL) from dead ball joints and tapping them so they'll fit a heim ... I might have replaceable $4 tie rod heims ... Can replace'm every season for less than a tank of gas :) ... Let ya know if how it works ...burp
~
tierodheims1a.jpg

$3.15 shipped L or R
ECON 3/8 x 3/8-24 MALE RH ROD ENDS HEIM JOINTS HEIMS | eBay
~
~

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of guys are goin back to good ol' ball joints.
The heim joints get squeaky after only a couple rides and wear out alot faster.