Heel Guards

darrencurry08

May 7, 2012
Northern Ireland
!!!!!! Heel Guards !!!!!!!

So i seen these and they are really cheap at this price and was wondering would these fit or be hard to fit ?, i only have the stock heel guards but they don't have the big plastic bit to protect from stones and stuff, so was thinking on getting these, would they fit ?

Last edited:
How about a link or picture I:I ;)

How about the one that guy just modified himself? Those looked really good and kept it mostly stock looking

Yeh, they look like you could put them on the blaster. Unsure of actual dimensions, but anything is possible with some self fabricating!

yeah i dont think it would be too hard to fit them even if the holes and stuff was off a little, gonna order them tomorrow :) then ill let ya know how i get on with them.

thats a good price, jump on them !
might take a little tweaking for the rear upper mount, but worth it for the $ I:I

there the cheapest ive ever seen heel guards at, yeah ill get something sorted out, couple bits of medal and some time should do it I:I

so they came in the post today had to drill a few holes to get them to mount to the upper mount on the frame, but now when i get them to mount to the peg the nerf bar hits at the back of the heel guard and wont come down to match the mounting holes, heres some pictures...

2vtplwh.jpg

2pzjrb5.jpg

vhbwvk.jpg

14mc6mh.jpg

double foot pegs may solve that.
cut the mounts off another set of pegs and bolt or weld them behind your existing set, then the heels to that. that'll move the heels back far enuf to clear the nerfs.
but you'll need to redo your upper mount to accomodate the new rearward position.

P3160021.jpg

f53a23b0.jpg

the set on my black work good for my yfz heelgaurds with those same style nerfs

Last edited:
double foot pegs may solve that.
cut the mounts off another set of pegs and bolt or weld them behind your existing set, then the heels to that. that'll move the heels back far enuf to clear the nerfs.
but you'll need to redo your upper mount to accomodate the new rearward position.

P3160021.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!! Double wide pegs will solve it for sure. I have an almost identical setup with wide roll design pegs and they were tight but fit.

When you miss match two products from different manufacturers you will have mounting and clearance issues.

I use and run a set of roll design pegs. Best pegs out IMO. A double set of stockers will work also. If you don't have a welder then they can be bolted together if need be. Good luck

I use and run a set of roll design pegs. Best pegs out IMO. A double set of stockers will work also. If you don't have a welder then they can be bolted together if need be. Good luck

I love roll design pegs. Run them on my bike and had them on my quads. I tried getting a pair off ebay recently but was out bid. I can't find a site that sells them new. I have myself made dual row pegs for a past blaster and it works great but I prefer IMS pegs.

so i didn't have time and the money to go buy another pair of foot pegs, soo what i done was cut out 2 pieces of wood cut them to size, marked and drilled the holes out, sprayed it black lol, turned out good though, had to extended the heel guards back a good bit on the frame mount and then got it all bolted up, actually is quite good, less weight and actually looks well, still has a wee bit of touching between the nerf bar and the heel guard but will do for now. I:I

Heres some pictures :)
28gqdq9.jpg

1fijgz.jpg

not sure how long wood is going to last exposed to water and mud ?
but nice improvising !

the paint on the wood will help, and easily replaceable even if it rots out ofter a year or so

the paint on the wood will help, and easily replaceable even if it rots out ofter a year or so

Yeah that's what i was thinking, need to get a big long bolt now though because there's a bolt holding the heel guards and wood to one side of the peg then the nerf bars to the other side was tight getting the two bolts to fit in with each other.