Headlight problem!

Rashid1739

Apr 9, 2012
Fond du Lac, WI
So i got this blaster a few weeks ago and when i turn on the lights only one turns on, when i hit the highbeams the other light will turn on and the one that was on shuts off. He explained what it was to me but i forgot what he said. So whats the deal, why wont they both run at the same time?

Same goes with most cars, one is a high beam and one is a low beam, one point up high and the other low. When you turn your brights on(in most cars) the car powers up the other filiment(high beam part of the light) and cuts power to the low beam filiment. Im sure same goes with a blaster. Correct me if im wrong. Hope this helps

Both lights dont stay on at the same time. I have two seperate lights, not just the one stock blaster light. When the brights are on only one of my lights are on our of two. And the same thing for the "lows" only one light is on out of two.

they are connected ...one to the high beam, one to the low beam side of the switch, and are done so prolly because they more than the allowed 55 watts of the lighting coils in our stators
if they are 35 watts each, thats over the limit

my 35 watt each trail techs come with one flood for low beam, and one spot for high beam
i called them last week, and they're telling me they have 2 stock blasters running 2- 35 watt trail tech lights on them, at the same time ???

we shall see here within the next week or so when i get my bike back together

Both lights dont stay on at the same time. I have two seperate lights, not just the one stock blaster light. When the brights are on only one of my lights are on our of two. And the same thing for the "lows" only one light is on out of two.

Oh ok i see now, thought you were talking about the stock blaster light.

But anyways, what Awk said, the stock electical system only supports up to 55W. Id start by finding out what wattage the lights are a peice and see if your blaster is even capable of powering both at the same time

connect both the green and yellow wires to the hot leads of both lights, that way no matter which position the switch is in, they will both come on

...read my "overloading" the stator comments above,
no more than 55 watts total
not sure of the consequences, but i'm sure it's not good

what wattage bulbs are in those lights ???

Maby it wont hurt anything at all. The stator may just give it its all(55w) and thats that. The lights may just not be as bright as their capability. For example, say they are both 35W a piece, so 70w total. When you hook both up maby the lights only pull 27.5watts a peice because thats all they can get