GF has a blaster, trying to get it set up

K

keevin77

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Im a member on yfzcentral, first time over here. Been looking through the forums, trying to find the right topics, so if i ask a question thats already been asked, just point me to it.

So my gf has a balster, not sure on the year, it has the front/rear disc brakes, she thinks its 04 or newer...?

questions i have:

1. Width - Im am a mx'er, so i have to get this thing widened out. I know on banshee's, you can buy stock yfz arms, and make them fit, is there a similar mod that is relatively easy and cheap?

2. Axle - Have seen something about a banshee axle going in, how much wider would that make the bike, and any other part i would need, brake hub and rotor?

Im trying to set hers up for mx, thanks in advance

Hey

Welcome!!

Mostly outta my league, the rest of the crew will pop in and help out. I know there are specific after market axles available to do what you want. Theres alot of folks on here that have what you want already on thier rides, so hang in there and welcome.

A

Hey everyone, this is my first post. Im a member on yfzcentral, first time over here. Been looking through the forums, trying to find the right topics, so if i ask a question thats already been asked, just point me to it.

So my gf has a balster, not sure on the year, it has the front/rear disc brakes, she thinks its 04 or newer...?

questions i have:

1. Width - Im am a mx'er, so i have to get this thing widened out. I know on banshee's, you can buy stock yfz arms, and make them fit, is there a similar mod that is relatively easy and cheap?

2. Axle - Have seen something about a banshee axle going in, how much wider would that make the bike, and any other part i would need, brake hub and rotor?

Im trying to set hers up for mx, thanks in advance
ok firts of all welcome to the forum, ok the banshee axle is a bolt-on parts no mod at all and will give ya +2 and for the front me an a couple of
friend have tried a product thats so far have been great here is the link
http://www.diamondjcustoms.com/new/index.htm

enjoy!!!

I just bolted on some yfz hubs on the rear, so she now has my stock rear tires, improvement over the baloon tires.

I guess next would be a Banshee axle as long as no other mods are required, that, and with the wheels, should put her at +4 on the back. Might keep an eye out on ebay or for sale section for +2 arms.

** i prefer the Gforce adjustable axles to a banshee axle (they are solid as hell, and on the widest setting..pretty wide..) and they are a GREAT buy.. +2 arms sounds good... if its a 1988-2000? i think those are the years..? you can flip the front tires (makes wider)

did you already flip the front rims? thats the cheapest way to gain some of the front width you want; stay away from spacers in my opinion there nice but your better off just holding out for the arms. Do you still have your stock front rims? Those I believe should bolt right up, I know raptor and shee rims do and that in combination with having them flipped gains you like 2" on the front it's alot better than stock.

did you already flip the front rims? thats the cheapest way to gain some of the front width you want; stay away from spacers in my opinion there nice but your better off just holding out for the arms. Do you still have your stock front rims? Those I believe should bolt right up, I know raptor and shee rims do and that in combination with having them flipped gains you like 2" on the front it's alot better than stock.

yeh, but the only problem with flipping, is i know you can't do it on some of the newer ones.. i think its either 02 something that it started where they changed it wher eyou couldnt do that anymore..

yeh, but the only problem with flipping, is i know you can't do it on some of the newer ones.. i think its either 02 something that it started where they changed it wher eyou couldnt do that anymore..

i am pretty sure it was '03 when they went to disk brakes.... '02 and below you can flip them.. but, make sure your stems will clear.

it's '03 my '02 has '05 raptror rims on it flipped up front, it's a tight fit but it works