From powersports junkies forum

blasterdemon7

I'm not winning.
Nov 19, 2009
Delaware
Well as we all know any vibrations to the hands sucks big time when riding a long time.

So i was out in the shop thinking about ideas to do the other day. Decided to try some silicone in my bars. WAY less vibes to your hand, No joke ether. 100% silicone with a caulking gun. Stand the bars up straight and fill em up. You have to go slow and do some from each side to ensure that you get it as evenly dispersed as possible.

I use the Pro Taper Contours (1-1/8) bars. Think about this for a second, take your bars off and hit them on the ground holding the end and see how it feels. Now fill them up with 100% silicone and let set for the day, now bang them on the ground the same way, you will say wow and scratch your head with a lil grin.

Im always thinking of cheap ways to make things better or smoother. With that being said, having an Anti Vibe Stem, Precision's Shock & Vibe Handlebar Clamp, the new ATV Four Play’s Soft Bars or Fasst Flexx Bars will be alot better BUT, how can you go wrong for 2 bux and a few minutes of time right? Even better if you have them all installed also.

Ive only tried aluminum bars, so don't know if it would make as big of difference using steel bars. Maybe someone can try them as ive never had steel bars.

This is a very simple and affordable mod to make to your bars. If you use 100% silicone, it is Much lighter than siding door caulk etc. Just grab a seat and go slow. It should take you 5-10 minutes. Put it in each side and then let your bars set for a day and mount them up.

I've ridden twice since and I swear to you guys/gals, I feel a very noticable difference in fatigue. Best $2 I've spent on the banshee yet. Im going to do My RM later also.
From track, trail, drag and play bikes, i think everyone can benefit from less vibrations being transfered to the body.

Less vibes to the hands on long rides is a MAJOR + in my book.

To anyone that try's it let me know what you think.

All i gotta say is don't knock it before you try it.

well he first posted this on bansheehq, it is savage420. i am going to try this out on some junk steel bars i have.

awwwwww do da wittle babies arms hurt?????? hahahahahahahahahahahahaaha man up u pussies hahaha jk guys lol I:I I:I