fmf silencer rear mounting tab?

DirtyBlasterd

Oct 14, 2011
northern michigan
what is the deal with the large hole on the fmf silencer rear mounting tab? my yz250 came with a fmf pipe/silencer and it has a rubber peg that the large silencer mount hole fits over, however there is no such peg on the blaster. does this mount/hanger usually come with a fmf silencer? on my other blaster i just made it work with a longer bolt and washers. my new blaster has a fmf silencer already on it, but the previous owner was only using the lower mounting tab because the grab bar is in the way. if i were to try to bolt at the top mount the silencer would be pressed against the grab bar and the tab would still be 1/2" from the frame. the grab bar is different on this one, otherwise i would just mount it like i did my other one. it seems like there should be a rubber peg like the one on my yz250, that replaces the grab bar bolt that holds the silencer, however i cant find one for sale anywhere

what is the deal with the large hole on the fmf silencer rear mounting tab? my yz250 came with a fmf pipe/silencer and it has a rubber peg that the large silencer mount hole fits over, however there is no such peg on the blaster. does this mount/hanger usually come with a fmf silencer? on my other blaster i just made it work with a longer bolt and washers. my new blaster has a fmf silencer already on it, but the previous owner was only using the lower mounting tab because the grab bar is in the way. if i were to try to bolt at the top mount the silencer would be pressed against the grab bar and the tab would still be 1/2" from the frame. the grab bar is different on this one, otherwise i would just mount it like i did my other one. it seems like there should be a rubber peg like the one on my yz250, that replaces the grab bar bolt that holds the silencer, however i cant find one for sale anywhere

i have my fmf silencer mounted with washers and a spacer like u say about ur first one. to my knowledge a blaster never came with a rubber mount that u speak of.. time to customize homie lol I:I

i should be able to get it on there, i just dont want it to look all cobbled up. on my other blaster i was still able to get it tight to the frame. this one will require some kind of spacer like you said. i just dont understand why they made the hole so big, it is the same size as the one on my yz250, i even put the 250 mount on to check the bolt is the same and the silencer fits it perfect. it puts it the right distance from the grab bar, and i imagine it looks a lot better than anything i could rig up. the problem is i need it on my 250, and i cant find another one online. i have another yz250 parts bike stored elsewhere, i will have to check if it has this hanger