F*?$ed Blaster!

ssskipeee

Feb 24, 2008
I just bought a 2005 Blaster from someone I know, it was pissing petrol from the overflow on the carb and was running like a bag of crap ie it wasnt revving properly and spluttering, I thought it was just the carb so took it someone with a bit of knowledge.

When I picked it up he told me it was knackered and pointed out a rather noisy rattle also there was a small gold washer that was under a needle he said it fell out when he took the carb apart and no longer pisses fuel however its still knackered, I drove it home and it splutters but runs fine at a certain point in the revs and then splutters again.

Everything is stock.

Do you have to have the plastic peice that goes under/around the main jet? or you just have to ahve the washer in there?

had a look at the piston and barrel both are fine so the knock must be the bottom end as for the spluttering and crap running I have no idea, going through the gears at low revs it goes fine but touch the throttle and it sounds and rides rough.

When I started it from cold after checking everything it revved clean and then sh*t again.

Just remembered that when I removed the plug it was soaking with petrol so I adjusted the air screw on the carb, havnt checked it again yet.