Doesn't have the punch it should

It is very possible to be able to run a 2 stroke at full throttle as long as you like, but you must provide enough oil in the mix for it too be able to come out of suspension and pool in the crankcase.

A ratio of 32:1 in a 200cc engine is definately not enough oil to be able to do it safely.

It is perfectly ok to run the 10-15 second plug chop with any worried!

I think I got all the info I need to keep me busy this holiday weekend that starts tonight, thanks everyone. I already explained to my girlfriend that the next few days will be dedicated to the blaster tinkering lol. I'll report back as soon as I start getting some "correct" plug chops.

“Plug Chop Plug Chop Plug Chop” I cry!
“Until you learn to feel me,
You’ll have to do it by eye.”

When it's dirty and black, it's got the sh*ts,
You have too much gas you are running rich.

When its hot and white, but looks pretty clean,
You're 'bout to blow your sh*t up; you're running lean.

Haha yessss
:cool: :D

A top speed run for 15+ seconds makes me a little worried but if you guys say it's safe then I'll give it a shot. Maybe that's why my dad's blaster is going on 28 years with only 3 rebuilds, because we don't go wide open for 20 second pulls lol but I'll take your word for it and post my results. I'll still check spark and compression when I can.

Think of it this way. You want to climb a long, steep hill. You know 4th will be to high so you hit in 3rd WFO. It may take you 10-15 even 20 seconds to reach the top. But the engine is pulling hard, not "free revving" Tho it might be spinning high rpms, it's in the powerband and working hard.

Kinda like a chain saw. Full throttle just holding it sounds like it's gonna blow up. Full throttle cutting wood, might even be same rpm, but it has a totally different sound, because it's working hard.

That's why it's suggested to drag the brake if needed to put a load on the engine. Or in other words Making it work hard.

Not the best example cause he kinda granny shifts, but about a 20 second pull.
Let us know if your pulls are simular or not.
I don't know if his blaster is just a turd but mine would have been SCREAMING that whole time. I got the lightened flywheel so it revs pretty fast. But I get what your saying. I just need to hold the brake a bit and keep on the thottle a little longer. I see he did about a 15 second pull on that one. I wish I had a gopro so I could record my pulls.

I really appreciate that everyone gives more than enough info for me to fix my problem and that you guys are pretty timely with responses and I get numerous people's replies.

Reactions: Awk08
I'm just going to throw this out there. After you put a good load on the motor you might find that you were running a bit rich.

Alot of the time I can feel and hear if the bike is running rich or lean. It's just something that over the years I've made mental notes of the symptoms, and the response of the engine.

So what I'm getting at, is that If you do find that your a few jets rich, remember how it felt, acted, and responded. Put that up in the memory banks, and it will help you further down the road when you have to rejet.

I'm not saying don't Plug chop to confirm jetting, just little things like this help make the whole process of jetting easier.

Reactions: Awk08
I'm just going to throw this out there. After you put a good load on the motor you might find that you were running a bit rich.

Alot of the time I can feel and hear if the bike is running rich or lean. It's just something that over the years I've made mental notes of the symptoms, and the response of the engine.

So what I'm getting at, is that If you do find that your a few jets rich, remember how it felt, acted, and responded. Put that up in the memory banks, and it will help you further down the road when you have to rejet.

I'm not saying don't Plug chop to confirm jetting, just little things like this help make the whole process of jetting easier.
I get what your saying. That's kinda what I was getting at with this whole thread. It started because I know what a Blaster should feel like because I've been riding one for 10+ years and know that it has a hard kick when you hit a high rev. I had to yank the handlebars to try and wheelie in 3rd gear when my dad's much less built blaster would do wheelies in 3rd easier. Mine didn't have that kick up top, kinda like a small 4 stroke, it had some power in all revs but never unleashed that 2 stroke throw you back power when you hit the powerband in the high revs. There was a difference in power from the transition between 1/2 and WOT but not a screaming throw you back difference. I was always waiting for it to kick in and throw me back but it just didn't happen so I knew something was off. I just didn't know what because you guys were saying my plug chops looked fairly good with the last ones I posted and jetting is the root of 75% of all issues you ever have on these (I'd give user error 14% and electrical 10% and 1% miscellaneous). In this case it was my plug chop pulls that were wrong (I hope, if not then I gotta dig a little deeper to find it).

I raised the clip one position to the second to last one and did a REAL plug chop pull. I held it at half throttle for a full 20 seconds with the brakes applied so it was under a decent load in 6th gear. I didn't think to check spark while I had the plug out so I'll do that another time. I will run to the farm tomorrow where we have a grinder to chop the threads but from what I can see just by looking down, it looks like it's got a nice dark ring on it. I'll post picture when I cut the threads.

use a flashlight and magnifying glass to veiw the smoke ring, no need to ruin a brand new plug, now that you know what you're looking for.
cutting off the threads is for rookies, which you are no longer :)

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, when you are this close , only change one thing at a time , clip or jet but not both, in small increments. I.E. , one clip notch, one size main.

use a flashlight and magnifying glass to veiw the smoke ring, no need to ruin a brand new plug, now that you know what you're looking for.
cutting off the threads is for rookies, which you are no longer :)
I'm not confident in my color reading yet so I don't mind ruining a $2 spark plug to get you guys' opinions.
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, when you are this close , only change one thing at a time , clip or jet but not both, in small increments. I.E. , one clip notch, one size main.
Yeah, I know to work from the bottom up and one at a time.

looks good to me. I'd do another main jet plug chop now that you've leaned the needle

looks good to me. I'd do another main jet plug chop now that you've leaned the needle
I thought that looked good but don't hurt to ask. I was gonna do a main plug chop after I confirmed the needle was good.

I went for a ride but kept it easy since I hadn't confirmed my main yet. It rode a tiny bit better but not much. Still don't have that 2 stroke jerk. I did also notice that any time I'm holding a constant rev (not long, I know you need to vary engine speed) it would crackle like no other. Kinda like I was popping a bunch of popcorn. From what I've noticed 2 strokes seem to do that occasionally but this kinda seemed like it was a lot more than it should be. Mainly happened when rpm was constant and worse in higher constant rpms. Any thoughts on that?

I have a 2001 blaster when I try to start it I have to put the choke on to keep it iddling and if I want to bring it into second gear I push the choke in but it doesn't go full throttle I an only go about 1/2 throttle if I go ful she bogs down, and she backfires a lot when I try to ,need help now before winter

I have a 2001 blaster when I try to start it I have to put the choke on to keep it iddling and if I want to bring it into second gear I push the choke in but it doesn't go full throttle I an only go about 1/2 throttle if I go ful she bogs down, and she backfires a lot when I try to ,need help now before winter
Please keep your questions to one thread only, preferably one that you start.