confused

96'Blaster240

Feb 18, 2008
hey i have a 96 blaster 240 with a race carb and vforce reeds, i premix to 40-1 with full synthetic 2 stroke racing oil and i can't get it to start. i am getting a crazy good spark, and it sounds like it really really wants to start but after a few kicks fuel starts flooding out of the head pipe... any1 know what could cause this? i think this is the only thing that is preventing my blaster from running.

does a 96 have TORS on it? is your throttle or choke stuck? maybe try taking ur carb off and checkin it out(clean it)!

i suck with carb's and no it doesn't have tors it's and aftermarket race carb, what exactly am i looking for in the jets? should i just spray some carb cleaner at em?

you can try that, but on the jet, either on the top or one of the sides it will say what size they are, maybe try down jetting is my guess! (im not that good with carbs either so!) but there is a qood jetting quide in the DIY section if you wanna check it out!

i don't think it's the jets that are wrong cause the previous owner had it running a year ago and the reason it stopped was electrical issues, i fixed that and it's getting a wicked spark, do you guys think it could be bad compresssion that's causing this? i'm gonna be renting a compression tester from autozone monday. what is the minimum psi for a blaster to run?

it should be over 100psi..there is a thread in somewhere that says what it should be..how big is the carb...if its getting wicked spark then i would have to elimate the electrical issue...is the air box lid on or off or is it straight..these things will help