Clutch adjustment! WTF!!!1

hotrodjrod

Dec 27, 2007
Dayton Ohio
Arg. I cant seem to get my clutch adjusted properly. I took it off to check the crankcase seal, and in my stupidity, i moved the nut that pushes on the clutch to "disengage" it. Now for the LIFE OF ME i cannot get it back to where it needs to be.

Steve sent me a picture of the adjustment process in the clymer, but the part on it, where the cable hooks to the arm on the crank case, is supposed to have a nut on top, that you can loosen, and ajust, Mine DOES NOT!

Iv had the clutch case off about 8 times in the last hour trying to tweek it, and i cannot get it to work. It either wants to take off in first gear with the clutch lever pulled all the way in, or now, it wont even move when in first, with the lever all the way out.

Help please, im supposed to go riding this weekend.

hows the clutch plates??? could be worn or i would try to do the adjustment in the motor and then screw with the one on the lever to twek it thats what i did on my YZ

um............. its the one in the center of the fly wheel like one turn tighenting the plates up but hold the clutch lever should do it nicely