Chinese Shocks - Quality?

BlasterIan

Sep 29, 2011
Cape Town, South Africa
Guys, Im in a crap situation, here in South Africa I cant find anyone who sell aftermarket shocks or A arms for a blaster, (shocks are generally universal though)

Ok, my issue is, my front shocks are finished, they are VERY springy, (I think the gas and oils are finished) all is only working on the spring now.

On Ebay theres a company selling A arms and Elka stage 1 suspension kit for the blaster for $902 brand new.
I would buy it cos its a bargain and exactly what i need!!! HOWEVER our duty fees etc getting into our country is like 40% + vat so no.

Now, we have lots of chinese bikes here, and the Bashan has these front shocks
front_suspension_shock_used_for_bashan_atv.jpg
which I can get hold of here for R580 / shock (+-$80 - $90)

I saw a guy at the track yesterday with them and they didnt feel bad, (well better than my "finished" shocks at least.

what are your thoughts on getting these?

Nope man no chinese shocks stock are bettter!!! If you cant afford elka's got for another brand that is cheaper. Hell works would work. Buy a used set of elkas. Doesnt elka have a lifetime adjustment gurantee type thing so that they will ajust them to weight for free?

The money is not the issue, Its the fact that theres no one that supplies here!
I hate it, I do a search overseas and every second link has shocks/suspension. I do a local google search and NOTHING!

Ive never bought on Ebay before because our duty costs are just ridiculous and not just that, its a little dodgy as well.

If anyone of you guys ever want to sell, let me know, then I will call you (even internationally) we can make arrangements or something, Ill pay, then you send as a gift, I dont think you pay duty then. I must find out by our local (tax sealers).

Im almost desperate, when I jump a table top and land its like landing on a trampoline! :)

For the customs charges I just get the seller to put the price as $10. Might be different their but here if anything is over €50 ($70) the charge is an extra €50 ($70).