chinese/other make pit bikes

borednstreched

Nov 19, 2011
coulmubs n.e.
anyone owned one? if so what brand, how do they ride, are they durable, what did you pay for it(new or used)?

a few years ago i had a 2004 kawasaki kdx50 2stroke. it was awesome, never had any probs. the gear selector can be dremeled or swadped to let you engage the first gear. id cruise it for 20-30 miles, jump it on a 3 ft dirt ramp doing 25-30mph gettin huge air. it was super reliable and durable. should never had traded it for that cr250R.

I have an Ssr 110 and a kx65. I use both as pitbikes. I payed 350 for the Ssr used and 600 for the kx65. I have no complaints about the kx but the Ssr is kinda cheap. The tires wore down in a few months. I cracked two welds on the frame jumping it and the Carb gets clogged very easily bc of the air filter that comes on it

i have a loncin 110cc i trail ride it and jump it i love it i havent broke anythinf but the brake lever do to a crash and it runs and runs i got it for 400 and it had a kenda southwick rear tire, dual twist throttle front and back ,thor bars,and blaster lever and perch pitbikes ftw

We have an Atomic Feral 250 4 stroke, paid $1000 for it and it was second hand with 10 hours riding on it.

The ball joints were worn out, and every nut was loose and steering was sloppy.

One front shock was solid and the other was as if no shock at all.

We replaced all the nuts, gave the ball joints a good thumping with a dirty girt hammer to tighten them up

We gave it a real hard time towing a levilling unit to smooth out our little track and exploded the carrier bearings. Cost $20 to replace them.

The battery has fallen of 3 times and the carrier has been welded on twice, and is now held on with a nylon ratchet strap.

The cooling fan has fallen off twice, the radiator has split, been repaired and is now held on by 10 large cable ties.

We have been trying our hardest to kill it for the last 18 months, but the motor still starts first time, runs strong with no smoke.

My lad jumped it once, never again.

Giving the Atomic its due, although it is not the best manufactured machine in the world, and the quality of the bike is far from perfect, we cannot kill the powerplant.

If I had the chance would I buy another one, no way.

thanks for all the input guys. it really helps me in deciding what to do.

We have an Atomic Feral 250 4 stroke, paid $1000 for it and it was second hand with 10 hours riding on it.
The ball joints were worn out, and every nut was loose and steering was sloppy.
One front shock was solid and the other was as if no shock at all.
We replaced all the nuts, gave the ball joints a good thumping with a dirty girt hammer to tighten them up
We gave it a real hard time towing a levilling unit to smooth out our little track and exploded the carrier bearings. Cost $20 to replace them.
The battery has fallen of 3 times and the carrier has been welded on twice, and is now held on with a nylon ratchet strap.
The cooling fan has fallen off twice, the radiator has split, been repaired and is now held on by 10 large cable ties.
We have been trying our hardest to kill it for the last 18 months, but the motor still starts first time, runs strong with no smoke.
My lad jumped it once, never again.
Giving the Atomic its due, although it is not the best manufactured machine in the world, and the quality of the bike is far from perfect, we cannot kill the powerplant.If I had the chance would I buy another one, no way.

my buddy had a 110cc sunl kids atv(brakes didnt work) and a taotao 250 sport utility. frames and suspension were crap, things had to be welded and fixed all the time, but the motors lasted for ever just like yours.

i wrecked the sunl mini quad with into a 1 inch thick steel braided cable that was across a trail entrance, i was going 35mph. tried to bail but my body wouldnt let me. the quad got clothes-lined right below the bars on the steering stem, bent the stem, my chest went into the bars. the quad flew 5 feet after flipping over the cable, i went 10-15ft face first into the ground(straight catapult action) bunch of gravel roadrash on my face/forehead, broke 3-4 ribs/cracked a few ribs/bruised lung. no damage to the sunl except the stem.lol

we beat the taotao hard to. it finally took a week trip to the dunes to kill the taotao, we rode it super hard at max rpms most of the time out there, it finally started smoking/losing power after 5 days of giving it hell.