Changing you jet and needle size!!!!!!

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
First and foremost, don't blame me if you screw it up, this is how i do it, and it works for me, so i hold no responsibility. Also, i know that i have no pics, and i wish i did, i was frustrated enough doing this as i was, yet alone taking pics. However, I feel that this info is still valid, and will help you, If you need illustration, there is a thread that gives a free blaster manual, just give it a search. Also, this is for a stock carb.

I got myself a dynojet kit, specifically for the blaster, which contains both stage 1 and 2. Stage one is for stock engines with an aftermarket air filter and stock pipes, and aftermarket air filter and pipe. Stage two i believe is for ported engines etc. but i am pretty sure if you have a ported engine you know how to do this, or had it done.

This is the kit i used, although this is for a rhino, not my pic.
wmbk9g.jpg

I won't tell you the settings, because it is best for you to decide from the instructions they give you. These are contained in the kit.

-Just some warnings before you star, clean your hands as often as possible and wipe the carb down as much as you can before starting. Make sure you don't get any dirt in the bowl or anywhere else.

-First off, turn your fuel off to prevent loosing anymore than necessary

-Then you want to loosen both the steel clamps on each side of the carb. One on the intake manifold, the other air intake.

-Next, on the top of the carb, there is a round cap sort of thing, grey metal. There is a brass clamp that holds it tight and just needs a philips screw driver to loosen, doesn't need to be removed.

-Next, you pull the sleeve (black), out of the carb. There is a spring that goes from inside the sleeve to what i believe is the fuel pump. Remove the spring from the sleeve, and then pull the brass clip, inside the sleeve, I used needle nosed pliers. It just pulls straight up.

-Now the throttle cable will slide out of its mount in the sleeve.

-Using a philips screw driver, remove the two brass screws. The needle will now come out of the sleeve.

-Take the stock needle out, and replace with the one that Dynojet gives you. The metal clip on the stock needle that determines the position needs to be taken off the stock needle and put on to the new one (just snaps on and off).

-Put the sleeve back together but not back on, I will explain how i did that after I tell you how to change the Jet.

-The jet is located on the bottom of the carb. Just remove the bottom plate, (4 brass screws).

-Now i used a 6mm socket to remove the jet. Once it is loosened off it will come out, and the white plastic plastic plate and a washer will come as well. Remember the order they came off on.

-Now put this back together with the jet you chose, It is always better to be on the rich side, rather than the lean side.

-Make sure the jet smoothly fits through the hole when putting it back on the carb.

-Remount the bowl (bottom of carb). It is important to make sure it is clean, you don't want any dirt in your gas.

-This is the part that gave me the most trouble. The best way i found to put the sleeve back in is like this.

-Slide the throttle cable back in its slot.

-Place the brass bracket back in, This should block the throttle cable from sliding out of place.

-Once this is done, I twisted the spring back on. Put the end of the spring on the other side of the throttle cable. I then twisted clockwise, this should force the spring down into the sleeve. Keep twisting until the throttle cable is in the middle of the entire spring like when you found it. Make sure the top of the spring is firmly set in the mount on the fuel pump.

-Now put the carb back onto the manifold, it is easier to do this first, then put the air intake on for it is movable.

-Now line the top of the carb with the fuel pump and screw the grey ring back on and make sure it is tight. Place one of the grooves on the brass bracket on one of the bumps on the grey ring, then tighten it.

-If you removed any fuel lines put them back on and turn your fuel on and start her up, and hope it works.

I hope this helps you guys out. Another useful thread is on Plug chops, just search it on the site, this will help you get you bike runnin the best it can

If i missed anything, or feel i did something wrong let me know

Jordan :)

Reactions: Awk08
thats some good info on how this is done for the rookies on here,
and never thought about "winding" the spring on,< good one!!!!
reps given!!!!
just one thing, the "fuel pump" you refer to in canada is called
the "slide" here in the states

Haha, i meant the device on top of the carb, i know what the slide is. I think it is the fuel pump, but i don't really know the names of stuff, just fly by the seat of my pants, just doin stuff i think will work. Intuition if you will.

there is no fuel pump on a blaster, it is gravity fed. you're probably thinking of the T.O.R.S. unit