carb size and jetting starting point advice

Masta Blasta

Jul 17, 2015
So im new here seen lots of posts on this but too many variables to know where to start. My girlfriend has a 2004 blaster bored .40 over prolite piston hotrods crank v force 3 reeds mild port and polish fmf fatty with DG tip , it runs out of power on the top end but really snappy on the bottom mid range even with 14/40 sprockets. So im GOING to go with 15/40 or 14/39 sprockets lighten the flywheel K&N filter uni air box vents (too much mud and water) high output stator adj. timing plate 4 deg. advance reed spacer and PWK33 carb with upp intake. So please help is the carb the right size and starting point with jetting. I know how to tune and plug chop just never had a blaster this built but you guys have so any info would be great. we are at 770 feet above sea level 70-90 in temp (poconoes PA) trail riding and some open dry lake areas 130Lbs to my 180Lbs rider Just looking for more top end, less wheel stands, oh and if anyone has any info on where to ride here (not pay to ride) im from jersey cant find anybody with good riding spots, thanks again for any help.

it's the FMF pipe running out of pull up top, not the carb.
FMF is a bottom/mid pipe.

switch to a Toomey, Dyno Port, Trinity or CT pipe for more top end

Ok thanks just concerned it runs good but bought it with no air screw or idle adjuster in it, plugs look ok but idles high some times while riding, figured start fresh and a little bigger in hopes of getting more out of it, ill get the adjusters and ck the plug again for jetting, its a mikunie flat slide stock intake not sure on model # ill ck tonight and go from there.

Ok thanks just concerned it runs good but bought it with no air screw or idle adjuster in it, plugs look ok but idles high some times while riding, figured start fresh and a little bigger in hopes of getting more out of it, ill get the adjusters and ck the plug again for jetting, its a mikunie flat slide stock intake not sure on model # ill ck tonight and go from there.

High idle can be traced to an air leak, I would pay to leak test the engine to see if it is airtight!