Carb help

ddq

Apr 28, 2012
Tillery, NC
So I just put a 38mm Mikuni TM on my 96 blaster. I was told a bigger carb would help but its actually made the motor feel sluggish and slow. John said it would make it faster and Matt did too, but I feel like they tricked me. The main jet is a 350 and I put a 35 pilot in it. John said if I take the baffle out of the silencer it will help but I dont know if I trust John anymore. What should I do?

Unless you have some other mods that big of a carb is going to rob your bottom end. Your prob still rich as hell too. Pull plugs and see what they look like. I dont know if you can trst john.

No, the motor is all stock but Id like to get some porting done and regear it. Who does good port work around here?

:D

No, the motor is all stock but Id like to get some porting done and regear it. Who does good port work around here?

:D
You would be better off going back to a stock carb. The guys here seem to promote ken o connor.

Ken O Connor? I havent heard of him but I will look into it. I guess I could go back to a stock carb but then IVe got this big 38mm and nothing to do with it. Do you need one?

Ken O Connor? I havent heard of him but I will look into it. I guess I could go back to a stock carb but then IVe got this big 38mm and nothing to do with it. Do you need one?
I could use one :D No but seriously i would sell it and buy a stocker.

The motor is bone stock right now. Ive got works shock and nerf bars but thats it. Everything else is stock. John and Matt are my riding buddies. They are weird though, I really dont like them very much.

So I just put a 38mm Mikuni TM on my 96 blaster. I was told a bigger carb would help but its actually made the motor feel sluggish and slow. John said it would make it faster and Matt did too, but I feel like they tricked me. The main jet is a 350 and I put a 35 pilot in it. John said if I take the baffle out of the silencer it will help but I dont know if I trust John anymore. What should I do?

Why do you have a 350 main jet, with no mods? To me that doesn't make any sense.

If nothing is done to the bike, your main jet should only be 230. That's stock on a blaster. A 350 is crazy. That's why the quads running like crap. Go back to stock carb, and put the 230 back in. I'm fairly new at this, but I've done some carb work on mine. I have an FMF Powercore 2 pipe, and took my airbox lid off, and I'm running a 290 main jet, and I'm pretty rich. Just haven't had time to do plug chops yet.

Sheer bull droppings.

Check the red rep points guys!