Carb adjustment

bundyho1

Dec 29, 2007
Rustburg,VA
Well i installed the tors kit and put a 310 main and one up on the pilot.Stock carb with vforce reeds. It idles funny, when i rev it it stays high for a little bit and will finally come back down.Carb is clean and the filter too.where should i start at?

You could try running the airscrew in some, small moves each time. If you end up being less than one turn out and can't get it right you need a larger pilot jet. One thing to check first though is if your throttle cable is adjusted enough to allow the slide to close completely, and of course no airleaks.

thanks will check for air leaks.but know that you said something about the carb slide maybe i do need to adjust the throttle cable at the carb.I have the vitos cap on top and i think i screwed it in all the way.Any ideas on the cap adjustment?

Tight. Back the idle adjusting screw out all the way so it doesn't interfere with the slide and make sure you can hear the slide hitting bottom in the carb, then adjust the cable for a small amount of freeplay at the throttle. Then when you adjust the idle with the idle screw you might need to adjust the free play again at the throttle.