boyesen reeds valve i have 2 what's better ?

No comprende ???
explain better please, or pics of each ?

0302152159a.jpg
0302152159a.jpg

I was never a fan of the RAD valves.
but.....
the one on the left appears to just use a rubber boot to connect the carb, no intake needed. ?
the one on the right uses a stock intake, the 2 gaskets is just another place for it to leak. (the # 1 place for airleaks)

I'd run the left one just for the 1 less gaskets to leak if it were me.

What about flow? They two different set ups and do they not run better with this?or just do with out them?

Over stock there is improvement. The but dyno says I feel it in the lower rpm the most. Good throttle response also. I havnt had a chance to compare against vf4's or any vf's in that matter.

The ones on the left I mean.

Over stock there is improvement. The but dyno says I feel it in the lower rpm the most. Good throttle response also. I havnt had a chance to compare against vf4's or any vf's in that matter.

The ones on the left I mean.
They came with the quads so either i use them or not?

some say they run better than stock ?
I jumped straight to v-force reed cages, so can't tell you personally.

I'd run the left set with the curved reed petal stops from the right set.
that little metal strip holding the reed petals on are what causes the petals to break.
use blue thread locker on all the screws, they're known to come loose and destroy your shiz,
and don't over tighten them.

Reactions: ero blaster
some say they run better than stock ?
I jumped straight to v-force reed cages, so can't tell you personally.

I'd run the left set with the curved reed petal stops from the right set.
that little metal strip holding the reed petals on are what causes the petals to break.
use blue thread locker on all the screws, they're known to come loose and destroy your shiz,
and don't over tighten them.
Thanks.....from the looks of the them i would had thought the right one would flow better bc it's smoother...

Thanks.....from the looks of the them i would had thought the right one would flow better bc it's smoother...

yeah, but it has that cone thingy, which we have proven on the old VF-3's flow better without it, and now the new
VF-4's do not have it either.
try both and see if you can feel a difference and report back ?
you may be the first person I know of to have both versions and could test them against each other.

Reactions: ero blaster
yeah, but it has that cone thingy, which we have proven on the old VF-3's flow better without it, and now the new
VF-4's do not have it either.
try both and see if you can feel a difference and report back ?
you may be the first person I know of to have both versions and could test them against each other.
I will but it's going to be a while b4 i get to test them.....both quads are apart and need rebuilding i also thought t would depend on mods..like what exhaust I'm running or bigger piston,any port work,jets,carb.......you know all the good stuff