Blaster stopped running

bundyho1

Dec 29, 2007
Rustburg,VA
:( Well I thought i had everything set up right.Nice day out so i went for a spin with my son ridding on his cr85 .Put new plug in and i changed the oil in crank case and i put mixed some honda 2 stroke oil in the gas at 32 to 1.Let it warm up and it kept bogging down low but once i got up to speed all fine .Now i got a nice ways up in the woods and it stopped running and wouldnt start.I noticed on the bottom of the carb it looked like it was really wet,maybe leaking?Well i also noticed at low speeds the piston was making some noise.Man i hope it didnt mess it up.Im ordering some new jets for the carb.My blaster has the airbox lid removed and fmf fatty pipe ,vforce reeds and some dynojet kit in it.Any good info on what size jets to get ?Thanks

hows the gasket on the carb?

is it a stock carb?

and at low speeds, was it making a "knocking" sound, blasters, or 2 strokes in general are very rough sounding

Got it used and i havent messed with the carb,only the air screw.Low speed knocking just started getting a little louder.I changed the oil and put 22oz of oil in it.Was that enough?Yes its a stock carb.Whats the deal with that oil window?I put 10w 40 in it.

that little sight glass, it measures the oil level. on the left side of that window there are two little lines etched on the case, the one line is roughly 3quarters from the top of the window, and the other line at the very apex of the window, the oil level must be between those lines, and it doesn't hurt if the oil is fulled to the topline

sounds like a the carb is just not tuned right. If you are going to change your jets and tune the carb, there is an excellent post in "Do it yourself" called jetting 101. I'd be willing to bet that you can use that information to handle your problem correctly. Good luck!

what oil the 10w 40 was the honda kind for the cr85
Im going by the yamaha shop today and im getting the yama lube kind..

Well i went by the yamaha dealer and tried to get some jets.They told me i need to get a jet kit ,not stock.I said i would like to get a few stock ones to try.They told me i had to buy them in sets of 4!Thats the way they order or something. They are crazy.Then they said i could bring it in for 100$ and they would find whats wrong with it.That would be my last step i would do .I guess ill have to order some online.

OK,went out in the rain and checked for a spark and i do have a spark.Does that mean the TORS is ok.Well after i checked for spark i went and tried to start it and she fired up!!!Well i guess i need to check that K&N air filter and check the tail piece for blockage.Then the carb,havent gotten my manual yet but its comming.The plug looks ok too,a little black but not too bad.Anything else i should check?