Blaster engine carb boggin at WOT - help please

rob2218

Dec 30, 2007
hello folks. New to this Blaster forum.
Here's what I have.
I've purchase a modified YSR50 cc bike with a modified engine..yes, it has the Blaster 200 engine in it.

Here are the symptoms:
1. iddles fine. but at WOT, it bogs bigtime.
2. stutters back and forth on the reving when I try to accelerate.

I believe this engine is stock with stock carb. I don't know the jetting setting. how can I find this out? where do I look? How do I find out what carb I have?

I'm located in south Florida (land of the humid).

This bike came from southern California (where I used to live - in paradise).

Now....the bike will start and idle fine...but when I give it gas...it will bog down.
I've been told it's either fuel starvation or air starvation.

I'm also going to be in need of a good Blaster mechanic who can diagnose this stuff locally.

If any of you guys are here in Miami Florida area....please. send me an email and I'll get in touch with you guys.

I'd really like to get this little project bike up and running in better form so any help or pointing me in the right direction would greatly be appreciated.

thanks.

rob
email: rob2218@gmail.com

Have a great 2008 everyone and I look forward to learning a lot from you all here.

ok go in to the do-it-yourself section i post a yamaha blaster manuel,there you can see if evrething you got is stock and how to adjust-it ... hope this help have a great day!!

thanks...but what I really need is local expert on these little blaster 2 stroker engines...someone who I can take the bike/blaster to and have them help me in making sure the carburation is spot on...

It could be the tors. It could also be jetting from elevation changes from cali to florida. You could find a local yamaha dealer to talk to, or look for a private atv repair shop. I think you can look up dealers near you on yamahas site.

What is the "tors"???
I've found a few local 2 stroke mechanics here who may be able to diagnose the problem.

Like I said, it's runnin' better but I havent really tested it at full WOT so I don't know but from all the suggestions from everyone. it does sound like it could be the jetting. Jetted in appropriately for this region.

thanks.