Anyone have any Idea????

J

jwells36

Ok i pulled my blaster out tonight to wash it down good after riding this past weekend. It started up and ran just fine i parked it washed it all off, dried it and then when i went to start it back up it sounded like it was running under water, i hit the gas and it just sounded like it was drowning. I shut it off and checked the air box and the air filter was dry, is there a chance i got water down in the engine somehow? What should i do to try and dry it out so it will run???

by the way i have a toomey kit with no air box lid.

Ouch!

Pull the plug and check it. If you took a slug of water hopefully you only punched out the reeds not something more critaical. On the other hand the Toomey will hold water like a "P-Trap" under your sink. If you sprayed at the silencer you may have packed in a bunch of water that way. Hell, it may just be wet and in a day it will be fine.

Though it should just blow out if you got water in from the silencer

Water in the gas, maybe...

I dunno, give me some more info and I will try and help.

A

I will let you know

I will let it dry out tonight and try it tomorrow. I hope it just sucked some water in but it sure did not sound good. I thought I just had some water in the silencer so I revved it up trying to blow it out and the engine just sounded like it was flooding. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow.

hmmmm

That may be it. Is there a screw on the side of the carb that i remove to do that? Do i need to turn the gas off first or should i let fresh gas flow in while the old gas drains out?

got it!!

Let it dry out for 24 hours and it started first kick and ran like a champ. Any suggestions on how to wash it with the air box lid off?? I tried putting in the ports that came with the toomey kit so i could keep the lid on but it was not pulling enough air so i had to take the lid off to make it run right.

Thanks for the help,

jw

Let it dry out for 24 hours and it started first kick and ran like a champ. Any suggestions on how to wash it with the air box lid off?? I tried putting in the ports that came with the toomey kit so i could keep the lid on but it was not pulling enough air so i had to take the lid off to make it run right.

Thanks for the help,

jw
just put the lid on when you wash it!!!