Am I going to have to rejet

So by replacing the airbox lid and keeping the 230 main jet would I be good to go?

So by replacing the airbox lid and keeping the 230 main jet would I be good to go?

As long as there are no mods the stock #230 jet will be fine, unless you ride in very cold temps, then you would bump it up one size.

Every mod made on the intake side usually calls for re jetting.

Sounds like you are closing the barn door after the horse is gone. In otherwords from the description of the piston, it's to late for that piston.:(X(

Post a pic of the piston if you can. Have you done a compression or leakdown test?

Bump it up a size? As you go up in size (240,250,260,270) does that mean the main jet has a larger diameter hole in it letting more fuel into the cylinder and running richer and as you go down in size (220,210,200) the main jet has a smaller diameter hole letting less gas into the cylinder and running leaner?

Read the first post NO COMPRESSION piston & cylinder pictures are posted in previous post

it will be just as reliable if not more by freeing up the restrictive intake air box and flowing more air to the motor . all you gotta remember is that if you change anything to the intake or exhaust , you need to increase the main jet size . Besides the outerwears airbox cover will filter better than the stock foam filter , you still need to run the stock filter , but the outerwears adds extra protection . If you want the simplest , best protection , remove the airbox , and put a uni dual layer pod filter clamped to the end of your carb , you'll want a 270 main jet for that set up . and get a outerwears wrap for the uni filter . This set up will work for ANY riding style and terrain except if you like to ride through waist deep water , if you just splash through some standing water now and again , you won't hurt a thing , the outerwears cover is made of a material that somehow is water repellant ( dont ask me how ) but breathes really well . plus your air filter is oiled anyway and that also keeps out water . This set up will wake up your motor quite nicely . you can also add between the carb and the filter a short 4-5 inch aluminum velocity stack . Its not needed but it helps keep the throttle response crisp .
I have a picture of my old carb set up , If you want I can post it for you to see .

What ever you do to the intake, you will have to re jet, read up on plug chops and do one.

To be on the safe side go one size bigger on the main jet, and the motor will run reliably for a long time.

If you decide to run stock every thing, with the lid on, use a #230 main jet and mix the fuel/oil to 25:1, this is what the motor is designed for and it will be very happy with it.

If you ride in temps less than -10 deg, bump the main jet up to #240.