air filter

bob87

Sep 12, 2012
ireland
hi i am new on this site and would like some help. i just got a 03 blaster and i checked the air filter today (stock filter) and there was fuel on it. what could this be or is it normal? thanks for any help you can give

What kind of filter is it? N is it fuel or oil? If its fuel, has the blaster been tipped up on end for service? If so the fuel in the bowl may have leaked out onto the filter. How does it run?

just a stock filter. seems to be running good. not sure if it was tipped up as i just got it. ill clean it and re oil it and see how it goes from there. thanks for the posts

Poor reeds can cause splatter back, if the reeds are chipped, not sealing or cracked the filter can get wetted with fuel.

question,

when oiling a new filter , can you use 2 cycle engine oil!? i mean lets be realistic what the heck is filter oil anyway.....

Air filter oil is a sticky substance which passes air very well but will suspend dirt particles.

Two stroke oil will work to some degree but will soon be depleted as it will eventually be sucked in leaving the filter dry and allow dust through.