After 12 years my blaster is gone!

00blasterRESTO

Dec 4, 2007
Corn Feilds Of Indiana
well heres the deal...
I had my 2000 blaster since late 99 early 2000, I am 24 so that is half my life. I rebuilt the bike not long ago for my girlfreind and because it was sentimental. I had some of te best times of my life on that quad, with the best freinds I ever had.
Alot of things change in 12 years though, the blaster really just reminded me of times and people that I could never go back to. I got rid of it for alot of reasons I guess. One is that I no longer had any interest in riding it, the blaster just didnt feel like it used to. I prefer electric start now and my girlfreind would too. I also find the thumpers to be more predictable with power, that makes a huge difference to me when I think of her climbing the large hills and stuff at badlands where we ride.
Another thing is that my best freind died this summer, most the people I knew as a kid are gone and I really no longer had any one to share the memories with.
So, I let it go. I traded it even up for this, it needed a cam tensioner. I pulled the head off and the piston never touched the valves or anything, but I decided I am gonna do a top end on it anyway (it is stock piston and bore). Its an 02 400ex and the maxxis on it are like new. Blaster had some brand I never heard of and stock raptor fronts because I bent one of the ones shown pretty bad.
I dont think I did to bad, what do you guys think
206g509.jpg

2j0f1gj.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh sorry to hear about your friend man and I hated to see my blaster go but I like my ex much better hope you will like yours to. I've found out that mine is not stock like the guy said my has a stage 2 cam and a 416 kit atleast