89 blaster fix up tips.. help?

Mrbrocco

Aug 18, 2007
so yea work in progress is an 89 blaster... needed new cylindor and such.. how do you sheer a flywheel key... and would that prevent the blaster from turning over?? aka.. starting up

doubt it but double check it, and do you mean its locked up?

no no when i go to kick start it, it doesnt fire... we checked the spark plug it didnt look fouled but it was a little wet, i think i gotta repack the muffler to, or have it repacked... and i dunno the flywhel key was sheeered before though

yes a sheered flywheel key will prevent your blaster from running.

so yea work in progress is an 89 blaster... needed new cylindor and such.. how do you sheer a flywheel key... and would that prevent the blaster from turning over?? aka.. starting up

I havent heard of anyone sheering a stock flywheel key. However I have heard of a couple of people sheering an offset "degree" fly wheel key. Keep in mind these were highly modified blasters. i.e. port, polish, stroked, long rod, trenched cases, lightend flywheel, milled head type of stuff.

For a stock flywheel key to sheer, it must be realy old "obviously" the 89 is close to the oldest blaster you could get 88 would be the oldest.

But Im not saying it couldnt happen to a newer one either. Just that I havent heard of it yet.

I FOUND THE CAUSE OF PROBLEM... no spark :-(, the flywheel key was sheered when i first got it though so i fixed that but now theres no spark,, there was a spark but it was horribly weak. so now im looking for a coil...