400ex rear shock

maxwellh

Jun 27, 2009
seffner, fl
hey guys, ive been reading for a while, i know that a 400ex rear shock will fit with some modification, but i have not been ale to find a good how to.

im wondering if anyone has some pics of what needs to be modified, and a good write up of the process.

thanks.

heres a little info in a thread i posted a while back on my 450r install, similar to the 400ex, but do a search for 400ex shock on here in the diy section theres a more detailed post on there, but i just mocked it up, and looked at what i thought i needed, and also took the shock with me to the hardware store to match up top bolt and spacers, the bottom used the stock pin with some spacers, and a little drilling out of the shock mount
http://www.blasterforum.com/suspension-14/400ex-rear-shock-14201/

thanks. ive been searching and reading, but havent really found a good step by step walkthrough yet. im waiting for the shock to come from ebay so i can see what needs to happen to make it fit. im pretty good at turning wrenches and just making things happen, just lookin for pictures so i can see what im in for.

thanks man.