34mm carb time

dtw92z28

Sep 24, 2013
Montana
Hey guys looking for some friendly blaster advice, just got my 97 blaster running, turns out the guy that had it before me replaced the entire wiring harness CDI Ignition and Stator with 03+ parts needless to say it took me awhile to figure out why I had no spark.... Loving my blaster but looking to do my first mod, I have a 34mm mikuni I want to through on it but would like to keep the stock intake setup. Has anyone done this and if so can you tell me how and post picks of your geniousness. Thanks Guys!!!

If the only mod to the motor will be the carby, then do no more, you will gain little or nothing with only a carb mod on stock everything else.

Different story if you have mod like a pipe and aftermarket intake setup you can gain some more power at the top end.

Running a large carby with a stock intake setup is a waste of time.

Running a large carby with a stock intake setup is a waste of time.

agreed,
and IF you get it to fit into the stock intake ? check it frequently for cracking before an airleak fries your stuff

I'm not trying to get it to work with a stock air boot and I plan on getting toomey b1 kit v force reeds, reed spacer and 34mm reed boot, but what I want to do is somehow still utilize the stock airbox setup. Only reason is I don't want to limit my riding to just dry terrain because here in MT we don't always have nice dry wheather. So I'm wondering if anyone has made a 34mm carb work by still using an airbox

does anyone make intake box that will fit 34mm carbs?

yuuuuup....UPP, moose, snyder motorsports, pro-design ect.

ebay search:
blaster 34mm intake | eBay

you'll need to adapt the stock airbox boot to the back of the carb with a piece of pvc and a fernco fitting or siliconintakes.com adapter.
i think there's threads in the DIY section here for that

Last edited by a moderator: