300ex question

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
I have a honda 300ex and it ran good in the summer then it sat but now, the carb was leaking so i took it to the shop to get rebuilt and now it dont leak but when u try to give it gas with the choke off it just shuts off. It has slip on pipe and uni filter with a 127 main jet. What can i do?

I'll bet that it was jetted for pipe and filter and the rebuild kit came with stock jetting and that's what they set it up to. Did you tell them of the mods when you dropped it off? Better call them first thing in AM to see what's up, if they have jets they took out, plus ask if they changed needle posistion.

I'll bet that it was jetted for pipe and filter and the rebuild kit came with stock jetting and that's what they set it up to. Did you tell them of the mods when you dropped it off? Better call them first thing in AM to see what's up, if they have jets they took out, plus ask if they changed needle posistion.

Now thats thinking outside the square!B)

Maybe master mechanic Ben Dover has struck again? :eek:

Did a gogle search 122 is stock. You know for fact, have seen with your own eyes, that right now there is a 127 main in carb? Good old Ben rebuilt your carb and has no clue why it's malfunctioning?8-| Looks like it's time to fire Ben, find a down load manual and go thru it yourself. I:I IF you can see a 127 main in the carb the next step would be sure that it isn't plugged, check the float height, make sure float isn't hitting bowl or anything else causing it to hang up. Have you pulled bowl and make sure there isn't "new" junk in bowl? Did you drain tank and start with fresh fuel? I:I

So how much did Ben Dover charge you for such fine work 8-| ?