240bbk with stock carb

blaster1988

Aug 24, 2014
I've got a 240bbk with vforce and lrd adjustable exhaust stock carb. Got the needle that came with the vitos kit in the carb. Castor 927 32:1 300main 30p in the carb. Not running right no power.

Air screw is at 1 and quarter turn. I'm going to check the pilot jet it's whatever one that came with the vitos kit. I will check soon and get back sorry. I could be wrong.

LRD, BBK and a stock carb is not a good setup

with the fuel thirsty BBK and the top end LRD you should have a 34-38 carb

take the vitos jets out and put the original ones in. threw them away? order new ones. you need mikuni jets
get 290-330 main jets. i think a 32.5 (stock) pilot is okay. and put the old needle back in

i ran lrd with stock carb and aggressive port and i thought it was garbage. i ran my second lrd with a 32mm carb and loved it

Reactions: speedyslyder
FYI, Vito's needles and jets are (or at least were) Mikuni.

Used their "jet" kit w/FatBastard pipe and all is well.
No idea if needle is same as stock, never compared to stock, and sold the stock for $10, but I never had problem with it.

But then again, no two set-ups are ever identical.

JMHO, your results may, and will vary.

I compared the stock needle , the fmf needle that came in the power up kit and the blue vitos one that came with the big bore kit and I couldn't really see a difference between the stock and fmf and the fmf never gave me problems but that blue needle from vitos is really skinny like a tooth pick so that's why everyone complains of a bog when using it

Ok I Checked my pilot and some how some way I ended up with a 30p now I got the stock needle back in and a 32.5p clip in the middle idle and runs a lot better still got a 300m I'm thinking it needs to be a lil bigger.any thoughts on where I should try with my main jet? The blue vitos needle is a lil longer and skinner than the stock needle.

Nice bike

I compared the stock needle , the fmf needle that came in the power up kit and the blue vitos one that came with the big bore kit and I couldn't really see a difference between the stock and fmf and the fmf never gave me problems but that blue needle from vitos is really skinny like a tooth pick so that's why everyone complains of a bog when using it
bike