2004 Barn Find...carb help

offtosleep

May 26, 2013
I just purchased a 2004 Blaster. It has been sitting for about 5 years. Fuel hoses and every other hose it hard as a rock. I started taking the carb off. Got the TORS disconnected without problems, but now I can't figure out how to disconnect what I believe it oil injection. On the right side (opposite shift lever), there is a hose/tube that leaves the carb and goes down to a pump on the side of the motor (underneath a cover). These fittings seem to be crimped. How do I remove this tube from the carb so I can get it out to start going through it?

Thx.

push the brass clamp off the hose/fitting with a screwdriver, it's not really crimped, but fitted tight.
it will push off and release the hose from the fitting.

if you plan on doing an oil injection delete also, and premixing your fuel ?
you can just cut the hose about 1" out, then plug it with a screw and some rtv silicon.

if you do plan to run the oil injection, after sitting all those years, i'd be sure it's actually pumping oil, and may need bled, theres a bleeder screw on the pump itself, and a thread on here somewhere explaining how to do it.
it's also in the manual....
http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

personally, i'd do the injection delete and premix your fuel.
premixing is foolproof....
http://www.blasterforum.com/searchresults.php?cx=partner-pub-9438014176008015%3A9127094460&cof=FORID%3A9&q=oil+injection+delete&sa=Go

push the brass clamp off the hose/fitting with a screwdriver, it's not really crimped, but fitted tight.
it will push off and release the hose from the fitting.

if you plan on doing an oil injection delete also, and premixing your fuel ?
you can just cut the hose about 1" out, then plug it with a screw and some rtv silicon.

if you do plan to run the oil injection, after sitting all those years, i'd be sure it's actually pumping oil, and may need bled, theres a bleeder screw on the pump itself, and a thread on here somewhere explaining how to do it.
it's also in the manual....
http://www.blasterforum.com/general-support-17/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual-17325/

personally, i'd do the injection delete and premix your fuel.
premixing is foolproof....
http://www.blasterforum.com/searchr...4460&cof=FORID:9&q=oil+injection+delete&sa=Go

I think I'll leave the injection as my son will be riding the bike and I'm not always around to make sure he's mixing right. I may do it later.

Any other recommendations for things to check after its been sitting that long?

I'd do compression and leakdown tests.
A tiny shot of 2 stroke oil down the sparkplug hole to insure that top end has some lube in it.
check all suspension bearings and bushings.

90% of us have excellent results with a good 2 stroke oil designed for motorcycles/ atv's mixed
at 32:1

do not use chainsaw, weedehacker, marine 2 stroke oil.

Yamaha, maxima, amsoil and klotz all good oils.

Bought some Lucas brand two-stroke oil. I bought a 16oz bottle. I'll use that and then switch to amsoil (my local motor cycle shop wasn't open yesterday. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369756614.450479.jpg

Amsoil is a good brand of oil I ran it on Awks ride he hosts. But watch the mixes on the amsoil I no SOME of them recommend running at 50:1 and should be run at that mix rate not 32:1. I Always use castor 927 at 32:1 or maxima super m at 32:1 in a pinch. But I rode the amsoil up there at 50:1 with good results.

As for things to be done it sounds like u have the right idea on cleaning the carb I just fixed my buddies bike he bought a dr350 for a couple hundred bucks that sat for about 2 years and the carb was filthy all gummed up. If u have access to a ultrasonic cleaner i strongly reccomend that. But either way clean it good and while your in their check ur jetting ur jetting will be etched in the jets on the side or top. If ur bikes bone stock main should be 230 I belive ( correct me if I'm wrong).

I would also reccomend the same as Awk a comp test, and a air leak test to make sure she's sealed up nicely and has corect compression.

The oil injection isn't a bad system but i would reccomend deleting, Expectially with your son riding it just keep a couple gallons mixed up for him ( not to much gas losses it's octane rating after setting to log) I only say this because if he doesn't notice his injection is empty or if he where to flip it or get air in the line he will run into problems. With it premixed as long as he puts ur mix in their his fuel/ oil mix will be correct.
Like I said their isnt anything wrong with the oil injection I just find it one more problem to worry about. If I premix the worst can happen is I run out of gas.

Make sure u lube that chain and check ur chain and sprockets before u go the first time to.

Other then that If it's running keep up on ur maitance and ur blaster will be good to you.

Btw I'm sure u thought of it but change that crankcase oil out to. And check ur air filter needs to be well lubricated with filter lube!