2002 Jetted Carb

2002blaster240

Apr 27, 2015
Hey everyone, I just bought a 2002 Blaster. The kid I bought it from knows it has a bore kit which is bringing it to 240. It also has a K&N Filter. I'm looking to get a FMf Powercore 2 slip on exhaust for it, but I'm not sure if the carb is jetted. This may be a dumb question, (I'm new to this stuff), is there a way to tell if the carb is already jetted?

is there a way to tell if the carb is already jetted?

yep, remove the bowl and both the main and pilot jets, read the # on the side and report back.
I'd refrain from riding it until you confirm the jetting here.

yep, remove the bowl and both the main and pilot jets, read the # on the side and report back.
I'd refrain from riding it until you confirm the jetting here.

Ok thanks. I will do that when I can get around too it. If the kid has had it bored for 2 years, and the engine is still running strong, would you assume it is jetted?

The kid I bought it from knows it has a bore kit which is bringing it to 240.
the kid "knows", but do you??

I'm looking to get a FMf Powercore 2 slip on exhaust for it, but I'm not sure if the carb is jetted
jetting requires a change for any breathing change on the motor. (pipe, airbox, filter, carb size etc.)

is there a way to tell if the carb is already jetted?
open her up, and order genuine mikuni jets if/when you need them

How much should It cost to bring it to a shop to have it jetted? If I buy the kit myself?

do not buy any kits, buy individual genuine mikuni jets based on our recommendations, we can't do that until you confirm if it's actually a 240cc or just bored .40 over, < (most likely as they cannot be bored to 240cc)
list all the mods you intend to run
install jets and plug chop yourself, no shop needed
highly doubtful any shop performs plug chops anyway