1999 Blaster starting/running problems

C

chetney

I have a 99 blaster it's bored .40 over fmf pipes v force reeds new chain sprockets 3" plus swing arm new k & n air filter

Heres the problem, i was riding the quad around for 30-45 mins and it started to die out, we figured out of gas. Checked it tank still full, Line going to carb still have fuel in it.. took spark plug out, was slightly black, but not to bad.. I did replace the plug well i had it out

Now i cant even get it to run, we towed it back to the trailer. The key is on, and the switch is on run. When you kick it over, it wants to start, but wont go all the way..

what are some things i can check or test? to give you guys a idea of what may be wrong with it.

do a compression check, and if its low, make sure you do a rebuild of your top end... uhhm, if your compressoin isn't very low...could be just about anything..so get back to me with your compression

do a compression check, and if its low, make sure you do a rebuild of your top end... uhhm, if your compressoin isn't very low...could be just about anything..so get back to me with your compression

i dont have access to gauges to test compression...
when i go to kick it, it takes a good kick, not easy.. when we were towing it, i couldnt get it to start either.

you could have a bad kill switch or a bad ignition so it wont turn on because its sounds like the bike is almost thir but meey it could be the ground if your getting spark

i was told the jets could be way off to on the carb... would that cause a big problem?.. im in Michigan, it was ran in 60-90deg weather and now down to 10-30.

this is our first 2 stroke quad, never had anything like it

Yup

A rejet up one maybe two steps. CLEAN the hell outta the carb. Check the reeds.

An odd check is the flywheel. If you sheared a key, you will still get spark, just is at the wrong time for the piston to go bang. Last check if nothing else works.

A

i got somone coming over middle of feb. to look at my 99 and figure out whats wrong with it.. got up to 40-50deg and still wont turn over..
what are some easy things to check and how?

thanks
chetney

UMMM......you might have blown her up my good friend.....im sayin might dont hold me to it.....because when the temp drops the bike runs leaner.....running it lean will cause it blow up or even seize the piston.

if not deff clean that carb an rejet it.

he would feel the loss of the compression in the piston when he kicks it over
it doesnt kick back easy... if thats what you mean, i dont know alot about quads.

we have a 01 that fires rigtht 1-2 kicks..
even to start with this one too 4-6 kicks...

check the 3 wies that come out of the motor sort of neat the front sprocket dont no what they are called but mine got hit with a rock and it kept runnin for a little while but then it cut out and would not start. the wore was just nicked so i taped it and it ran fine.