z400 rebuild

you can test the starting selenoid and start switch at the same time. hook a volt meter up to the power lead to the starter and the other lead to ground. hit the switch and if the meter reads 12 volts, the start switch and selenoid are good which leaves the starter.

ok I took it to school to look at it and when I did I pulled the valve cover off and put it at tdc and I was gonna check the cam to valve cap clearance and the cans were completely different from how I put them in there so I pulled the cams and timed it again and it did the same thing any ideas

It is unusual, even impossible for valve timing to change once set correctly.

Are you sure that you had the correct marks lined up?

well I found out what was up with the cams I had the intake one out of time a lil and my new starter came in yesterday so im hopefully gonna have it running tomorrow

well I forgot to get a stator cover gasket so im gonna have to get one and finish it up this weekend and the old one broke apart when I took the cover off

well looks like im gonna buy a new motor for my truck because its my crank bearings and not my oil pump good thing my dad got a new truck last week so I can use his old one but anyways I went to the dealer and got the gasket a 2 quarts of oil

I took the 400 to a shop go get it looked at because when I try to start it and it did nothing and I was tired of messing with the wiring