YZ490 topend on a blaster bottom end???

Budget_Blaster

Dec 25, 2009
Illinois
I was at the track sat and seen a relic an old i belive 82'ish YZ490 that was hauling ass!!!!!!!

I got to looking at it and its identical to the blaster or atleast it appears to be just a much bigger jug and head which made me think can you just bolt that top end to the blasters bottom or are they different?

If so that to me would be the ultimate poor mans BBK.Im not sure what their bore and stroke are or what the total cc's would be with the blasters stroke and the yz's bore but if it would fit i may be on the hunt for one.

Whats the deal on these two engines will parts interchange or is it just wishful thinking?If theyre not a direct bolt on could it be something as simple as sending it to ken for the correct mods needed to make it fit?

Even if it did interchange, you wouldn't want to put such a big top end on a Blaster bottom end. There's no way it could handle the power, even with a HD clutch and a sturdier crank. And here you thought the guys running ported BBK's had issues with clutch packs slipping... lol