Yz400 blaster build

Tyler rucker

Sep 23, 2015
Hi, I'm new to this page and over the last few weeks have been reading and getting ideas from all you guys and your blasters, and different motors that you can put in. I'm restoring my blaster and putting a yz400 motor in it, I just purchased the yz400 motor today for 350$. I will be posting pics of the build slowly as I order in parts. I am redoing every part on my bike and making it more for the sand, I have it tore all down to frame and just had the frame painted, will post pics soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: jvb
What are your plans with it?
Long swinger/widen it and gusset the frame?
I think many builds wheren't putting out as much power due to exhaust pipe issues, so take that in mind at the start a calculated/fabricated pipe will really wake that engine up(36 horse stock i believe), and if you half-ass a pipe it will not be such an improvement over a stock Blaster engine probably;)

What are your plans with it?
Long swinger/widen it and gusset the frame?
I think many builds wheren't putting out as much power due to exhaust pipe issues, so take that in mind at the start a calculated/fabricated pipe will really wake that engine up(36 horse stock i believe), and if you half-ass a pipe it will not be such an improvement over a stock Blaster engine probably;)

I am adding a 6' silver extended swing arm, brand new blue paint on frame, black arms, 11' light bar, new plastics, 501 piece polished chrome bolt kit, ported and maybe a slight bore, new sprockets, seals, new banshee thumb throttle, new clutch and brake lever and a few more stuff, and thanks for the tips! Really appreciate it! Any other helpful tips please tell me and any ideas

Reactions: harley1-5