yz125 cdi

i think the difference in the cdi is that they switched from having a bunch of wires comming from the cdi all with different connectors, to just having the cdi with one plug that goes into it that contains all the wires.

here is a 93 yz 125 cdi. is this what yours looks like? the second looks like the cdi i bought. on the 93, what do you do with those other 3 plugs? i guess one is the ground, but what about the other 2?

yup i have the one on the left and i dont know what to do either, i got is started but the rpms jump like when the parking brake is engaged.

helping if i can

the hotshot cdi fit on my blasterthe picture on bikebandit is just an example but not the actual blaster cdi.....run the part number off the side of it and see as to why it says that i dont know but i dont see any reason it wouldnt fit any modle blaster because very little was ever changed...the 5 speed and the hydrolic brake kit
i have a 91 blaster with a srp modified crank shaft 40% stronger bearings wisco's superstock version of the vito's 240 wedge reed spacer delta3's power now valve for the carb k/n high flow filter lid removed fmf's sst header and sst powercore 2 sileincer pbi 38 tooth rear sprocket< one of my favorite hopups btw and last but not least ricks hot shot cdi box note on my 91 and i can say theres more throttle response than the yz125 cdi the timing curve is everything..matched with my exhust and piston the cdi makes my top end scream...i'd suggest matching it with a adjustable stator or a degree key

dont waste your money on a oddball cdi designed for a 125 dirtbike ,the blaster has no rev limiter persay ,other than the pipes and porting .your stock cdi would rev to 20,000 rpms if your topend could hold together . there is no way it is adding 1000 rpms ,thats a gimmick and a marketing ploy for sure ,dont belive evrything you read .advance the stock timing plate lightne the oem flywheel and run a nology profire coil and wires and youll be very happy

i ordered a 1985 cdi bx that worked and tried it on my 04 blaster and wiring one way it would start but no idle or top end, i had to half throttle. but when i used my stock cdi it worked perfect. i posted this thread like 3 months ago,and with all the responces and experiance i dont think its worth doing because overall it probly more likely to blow somthine or run too hot, and make your machine and yz cdi less reliable, but just me and i heard a rumer it takes from low end, somone makes one for $50 for pre 04 blasters

helping if i can

the hotshot cdi fit on my blasterthe picture on bikebandit is just an example but not the actual blaster cdi.....run the part number off the side of it and see as to why it says that i dont know but i dont see any reason it wouldnt fit any modle blaster because very little was ever changed...the 5 speed and the hydrolic brake kit
i have a 91 blaster with a srp modified crank shaft 40% stronger bearings wisco's superstock version of the vito's 240 wedge reed spacer delta3's power now valve for the carb k/n high flow filter lid removed fmf's sst header and sst powercore 2 sileincer pbi 38 tooth rear sprocket< one of my favorite hopups btw and last but not least ricks hot shot cdi box note on my 91 and i can say theres more throttle response than the yz125 cdi the timing curve is everything..matched with my exhust and piston the cdi makes my top end scream...i'd suggest matching it with a adjustable stator or a degree key