Yz 80/85?

92blaster

Jan 18, 2009
Red Wing, MN
well short story bought a YZ 125 couple of months ago great runner i put vforce 2 reeds in it and uni filter and replaced a crank seal.. i thought it could ride trails.. nope these things are all out race bike, no bottom end to save there lives.. but riding it on the trails is no go i have a hill behind my house to get to the trails its not a hill climb hill but steep enough to where 4wd trucks cant get up and its rocky as hell, blaster flys up in 3rd gear, YZ 1st gear feathering clutch which is really hard on these bikes.. but question would the yz 80/85 be good for trails?

well short story bought a YZ 125 couple of months ago great runner i put vforce 2 reeds in it and uni filter and replaced a crank seal.. i thought it could ride trails.. nope these things are all out race bike, no bottom end to save there lives.. but riding it on the trails is no go i have a hill behind my house to get to the trails its not a hill climb hill but steep enough to where 4wd trucks cant get up and its rocky as hell, blaster flys up in 3rd gear, YZ 1st gear feathering clutch which is really hard on these bikes.. but question would the yz 80/85 be good for trails?

oh and for your sig you should hear a yz 250 they sound way better than a 125

You need to look for a Yamaha IT175. These are amazing trail bikes. They were made in the late 70's thru early 80's. The engines put out great torque. I still see them being ridden locally. I think they came in a 175,200 and 250cc maybe even larger.

3209026732_44239bf65f.jpg

for trails I rode an old 80's xr200 felt more comfortable on a slow 4 banger in the woods. lol

good luck man.

Last edited:
i love the 80s and especially the 85s so much more kick and there faster than the 125s but for hills u have to keep it in the power bamd in like 3rd or higher if yur fast enough and dont be like my cousin and stay below the power band then gun it at the top of a hill or jump, table top in this case and land on the shifter then flip it over

my rm 80 is the same way but i got used to just wide the f*ck open and if need be put my leg out so i dont bust..

I couldnt tell you. My dad used to ride his to work when we lived out in western oklahoma, but times have changed that was in the late 70's. I'm sure if you check your local state laws You could see how to get one registered to street ride. I've seen the new honda 450's on the road with tags.

Yamaha's dt series was the 2 stroke enduro bikes that were road legal. They had a 200 or 250 2 stroke enduro. My dad had 2 of them he'd ride to work.
They were both silver.

ok come on out to my house ill show you the hill take your 125 up it on a washed out old logging hill rocks that touch the frame and pin it to win it.. if you fall off the side you aint getting your bike back because its straight down. flipped the bike yesterday going up 2nd gear buddy did the same thing on his ktm 125 hill climb bike it aint no going fast up it unless you got a bigger swinger or 4wheels. iv done a hill climb with this bike easy thats what they were made for but this hill is just to destroyed. dad is gonna hire a dozer to come in and fix it again in the next couple of months

i love the 80s and especially the 85s so much more kick and there faster than the 125s but for hills u have to keep it in the power bamd in like 3rd or higher if yur fast enough and dont be like my cousin and stay below the power band then gun it at the top of a hill or jump, table top in this case and land on the shifter then flip it over

Dude are you on crack? Did you just say that a yz85 is faster than a 125?!

Dude get a ttr125 there kick ass trail bikes.

ok come on out to my house ill show you the hill take your 125 up it on a washed out old logging hill rocks that touch the frame and pin it to win it.. if you fall off the side you aint getting your bike back because its straight down. flipped the bike yesterday going up 2nd gear buddy did the same thing on his ktm 125 hill climb bike it aint no going fast up it unless you got a bigger swinger or 4wheels. iv done a hill climb with this bike easy thats what they were made for but this hill is just to destroyed. dad is gonna hire a dozer to come in and fix it again in the next couple of months

ill come to ur house ta show you how to hill climb...:)