Yz 490 Yeah Baby

xBlaster

Jan 28, 2010
well hey guys if you wanna see this done stay tuned i am currently looking for a blaster that is a peice of sh*t and a yz 490

i'm gonna put a katana engine in mine , 750cc's of whoop ass i found a complete bike for 400 bucks , 400 bucks won't even get a 240 kit done on my blaster

Nah just kidding 240 bb 35mm carb and some porting will be the ticket still gonna run a water cooled head it's a must in the dunes gets dang hot

A 240 can kill lots of things, if you have the suspension to go with it. a well built 240 making 40 hp vs. a 30 hp stock banshee that weighs 100 poiunds more..... I have embarassed a lot of people on a blaster.... Good luch with that 490, when your feet are so numb from vibration that you cant tell if they are on the pegs and your arms are noodles trying to hang on to thing because it has no tractability.

i found a yz490 motor for 250 bucks. complete top and bottom end and was thinking about doing the same thing. but then i thought about vibration and traction and realized i would have to extend my swing arm 6 inches or more. so i thought ill go ported 240 with a bigger carb

the exhaust system is always the down fall on these big bore hybrids .wont matter if you have 400 or 490cc if your pipe is a hacked up stocker made to fit around the frame rails its not performing ot its potential .o na 2 stroke the pipe does half the work even a small change can make it way down on power

the exhaust system is always the down fall on these big bore hybrids .wont matter if you have 400 or 490cc if your pipe is a hacked up stocker made to fit around the frame rails its not performing ot its potential .o na 2 stroke the pipe does half the work even a small change can make it way down on power

The man makes a great point guys!!!!!!

Just look at paulies 400 hybrid he runs a out of frame pipe on his.....

ever make any progress on this? lol.

i have 90% of the parts for the 490 swap to my blaster, just need to get time to tear it apart then start the install. will make a build thread to track the progress soon. check my sig lol its a hybrid of many parts and years for the engine