YZ 490 Swap

C

ClickClack15

What has to be done when swapping the blaster motor and the YZ 490 motor?? Wiring?? How it bolts on??

its a direct bolt on, not sure on the wiring, i know this is a very little fabrication swap. one of the fabrications you need to make though is the exhuast.

im very interested in this swap also so ill keep updated on this thread and keep on posting with new things im learning on this swap.

if you actualy going to do one we should keep in touch and help one another out

actualy i just read a post from someone who actualy did the swap and hes saying he welded his motor in so maybe its not bolt on, ive heard it is, and it isnt now, so who knows, but one thing is, I AM going to find out the truth!

you have to measure an cut the swing arm cut an grind off all mounts before make new ones its alot of fab work, the stock pipe will not fit the frame either..
im still in the process of my swap i will keep everyone updated if they would like just send me a message or email me super13drooper@aol.com

oh an i forgot to add but the motor barely clears the tank by about an inch it is a tight fit, but hopefully it will produce the power i am looking for

you just buy all the yz490 wiring an hook it up like it was wired up on the dirtbike

You might want to space your tank up a bit. I heard of some people that had their tank melt when they put the yz490 in.

yeah im spacing mine and also building a heat sheild an wraping the tank in heat tape.

wraping the tank? shouldn't you wrap the header pipe as well? Let me know how well it goes. Looking for a engine swap to do when the engine blows. I read the 490 and 465 are the same motor different bore sizes. but they had problems with the motors staying together and alot of vibrations. Keep me posted.

haha aiight guys i'll start a new post with all the pics i have of the mounts an everything an yeah.. i'll keep you posted. its not something you can do in a day im spending alot of time to get it right..

The yz490 from what i understand are a very strong motor they have a denation problem but can be solved by running a thicker head gasket, full race port an polish, and a good fuel. here are some of the pics that i have of the motor mounts i built for my quad. these are only the start every factory weld is gonna be gone over, there is gonna be alot of guessting done to the frame as well.
Picture7609918.jpg

Picture7609917.jpg

Picture7609916.jpg