Yz 490 blaster

14/43 isn't much different than 13/39.

14/43 is a ratio of .3255
13/39 is a ratio of .3333

I would try 14/39 first. Front sprockets are easier to replace and are cheaper.

check the jetting, and is the pipe all hacked up to fit in the frame?
no they did the pipe right cut at the head in to places to turn it out the left side good job even put the hangers back in the right spot jeting was 330 at 57* 600 foot above sea level i put in a 320 only had 6 passes on it taking it out tomorrow to get it right

you said the head was cut?
you mean it has some internal work? maybe the builder is garbage and f*cked it up?

ok,
1) what is the blue thing on the intake boot?
2) you have some holes in your pipe, not good
3) the cutting of the pipe doesn't look good. the welds look bad and where the welds are, it looks like it is not smooth flowing.

i would suggest getting a new pipe that isn't hacked up and doesn't have rust holes in it. do a leakdown test. and then once all that is done, do a plug chop and get it jetted right.

ok,
1) what is the blue thing on the intake boot?
2) you have some holes in your pipe, not good
3) the cutting of the pipe doesn't look good. the welds look bad and where the welds are, it looks like it is not smooth flowing.

i would suggest getting a new pipe that isn't hacked up and doesn't have rust holes in it. do a leakdown test. and then once all that is done, do a plug chop and get it jetted right.
im wating on a reply from rdz for a drag pipe for it the pipe is tight just put new gasket no leaks the plug chop comes tomorrow dont get me wrong it gets it the frist 150 foot and then it runs out of gear it took third in its class at the MI sand and mud nat at us27mortor sports i ran with the 450s and mud drag my banshee lol they got pics take a look

the pipe is rusted through.
look at this picture, the yellow circle is a hole, the green circles are soon to be holes.
gay_blaster.jpg

a 2-stroke pipe works on sound waves, when the material of the pipe gets rusty like that, it changes the sound wave making it run different.

get a better pipe.

also that blue thing on the intake boot, what is that?

that pipe needs replaced. Big power gains are to be found in the pipe on a two stroke.
yes but untill rdz makes me a drag pipe for it it is good for now. I need to re gear it all i was looking for was sum ideas on where it should be for 300 foot sand drags b)

changing the gearing wont make a difference. get it dialed in.
do this
a leak down test, a compression test. report back with your findings.