yz 250

why not just buy a Yz? i mean it would be so much faster, hell a slow ass 125 will be about the same speed as a blaster with a 250 engine in it. just get a 250R engine, sprockets dont make up for internal gearing at all.

thier frames are completely different though, i dont think that putting a 250R engine in it would be any different or harder than a yz250 engine. i have a yz426f and they have the same frames as the yz250 of that same year. but the rad. would suck mounting though, idk if you could put two rads on it, or get a old sportbike one piece rad or something

Yeah when i had a rm 250 motor in a blaster i had a one peice radiator but im not sure what it came off of. The cooling system will be a little tricky to get mounted as room is a factor in a blaster frame.

like i stated and gscx , ive heard it done, but i dont think its worth it, when ya can just pick up a good rolling yz frame for cheap and feel some serious power. trying to slam that engine in a blaster frame youll have a serious job ahead of you, and getting a colling system mounted is prolly gonna make you pull allot of your hair out. not to mention all the other problems your gonna run into (frame reinforcment, motor mounts, gearing etc..) and as far as a 250r motor goes, why would you??? id rather have a built blaster motor any day of the week...
about the yz gscx...pm me, we can chat

not sure, i have a 96 and a 2002, i know that the 95 engines from 94 - 96 are the same, and other than the transmission the wr250 96-08 are the same,this was before the wr250 changed to 4 stroke, they were 2 stroke in them years......before those years im not sure about. the late 90's through the early 2000's the only thing that changed on a yz is the sub frame was changed to aluminum instead of steel and they did some minor porting and power valve changes, but not much caiuse the engine gasket sets are interchangable. you can google it up to see about earlier years...

im doing ether a yz250 or a kx250 swap in my blaster as soon as my taxes get here... gonna use the twin rads off the bike and mount them on the sides like on the dirt bikes than put pb style air scoops on the sides of the rads with screen over the front to protect them and kinda hide them.. mine wil be set up and geared to do about 70 mph!!
if i go the kx250 the year i found is around 40 hp stock.. piped jetted and reeds will wake it up enough to do what i need it to do!! and over all cost will be alot cheaper then building a 240 big bore motor... and the benifits of a liquid cooled motor

youd be better off to get an older big bore yz engine like the 400 465 or 490
be prepared ot do some custom fab work welding and planning and be prepared to spend a good amount of money on new carb, intake ,ignition and most importantly a custom exhaust system, not a modifed stock one .no one ever said going fast is cheap*

youd be better off to get an older big bore yz engine like the 400 465 or 490
be prepared ot do some custom fab work welding and planning and be prepared to spend a good amount of money on new carb, intake ,ignition and most importantly a custom exhaust system, not a modifed stock one .no one ever said going fast is cheap*

iv been drag racing cars since i was 16 i know its not cheap to go fast.. i did find a running riding 465IT for 900 obo.. comes with another motor thats bored .080 over, he will sell the other motor but than i dont have wiring harness .. and i dont really wanna spend800-900 on a dirt bike to tear apart.. that kx250 is like 400 bucks, and everything i need, rear hydro brake, res rear shock, radiators, motor and wiring