YZ 250 guys, step in!

bb66chevelle

Mar 15, 2010
Philly PA
Hey guys!

I got picked up a 1990 YZ 250. This thing is loading up with gas big time. I took it apart thinking the floats were screwed, and realized the problem is worse then I first expected. Theres gas in the exhaust and bottom end of the motor. I pulled the exhaust system, cleared and cleaned it all out. I drained the crank case oil, which didn't seem to have gas in it, but when I spin the motor around I can see that the crank and rod is in puddles of fuel spalshing it everywhere. Like I said, I drained the oil & tilted the bike every which way, but cant seem to get it all out?
Why would this thing flood with so much fuel? And whys there so much gas in the bottom end? Is something craked or could the carb just be that messed up? This bike is sold tomorrow but I'd rather have a better understanding as to whats wrong with it and possibly get it running for the guy if possible.
Thanks guys!

well being 2 stroke there should be premix in your crank case since your fule passes threw there before being sucked up into the combustion chamber..... as to how much should be there?? no clue... id say try to stand the bike up on the front end with the pipe off. you dont need to get it all out..

clean the carb pop in a new plug and try to start it

yeah, what fed said, the stand on front wheel trick worked for water in my buds kx125, and there should just be oil in the bottom end, not gas too, sounds like its flooding, likely the floats need adjusted

Thnaks for the heads up guys!

I tilted the bike to get the fuel out just like you all said and it worked great! I flushed and changed the crank case, exhaust, and everywhere else gas got into.
I put it all back together but not before taking the carb apart. Everything in there seemed good, but a little dirty. I cleaned the hell out of everything and made sure the vent hoses were not clogged, which they appeared to be. I cleaned the plug and finished putting it all together. I flushed the gas tank and line so it would be a fresh start. I'm going to get a new batch of fuel and oil to fill the crank case and see what happens!
I'll keep ya's posted!
Thanks again!

Hey guys!

The bike fired up and ran great!

As a matter of fact, I am selling it this in a few minutes and going to look at an 2002 Blaster with a complete rebuilt top & bottom end, D&G exhaust, and rear hydraulic brake system.

Thanks again! You folks came thru yet again!
www_MyEmoticons_com__smokelots.gif
188.gif
999.gif