YFZ build

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
sup guys i gotta yfz450 stroker with fox suspension,leagar a-arms,dominator axel +1 stem and walsh rc clamp ,t2 handlebars,walsh rc +5 swinger,ac nerfs,duncan bumper,hand gaurds,ims pegs ,LSR fender mounts,walsh rc spindles,lightweight hubs,beadlocks on the rear and douglas lightweights on the front,k&n filter walsh rc battery box,walsh rc frame,tusk parking brake block of kit! thats the mods i know about but i hope to find more as i strip it down ! as i seem to every time i do some work on it lol!its rough but i hope to get the frame PC'd silver or candy red(like the se blastys) and put white plastics on it !! i have the a-arms off as i was ment to be doing a deal but it fell through so why not start my build now! ima can spray them silver and if im not happy with them there getting PC'd silver with sparkles lol....
to do:

PC frame
get shocks rebuilt
new clutch
head re-donne
hmf candy blue slip on ,or looney tuned dual pipes
new bearings everyware
re-wire it
HID kit(i know i need a more powerful stator)
hinson clutch cover
gytr oil and starter cover
asv levers
wavey disc's
new ball joints in the arms
new swingarm pivot and bearings

i lost confidence in it as i brought it out 3 times and it had to be towed back 3 times (one time was i lost the key lol and the other 2 was wiring problems!)
so im afraid to go anywarebut near my house with it!!!!
i want to know that everything is perfect and i can rely on it!!
so this is gonna be one slow ass build as i got no money !!!!

i got all the paint of the lower arms,with an eletric wire brush (its spins like a grinder and its hitachi ) and i dont have a clue what its called but all i know is it does one hell of a job!!! no letting me upload pics :(

with your cash flow (non existent) i'd break it off into smaller parts like painting the a arms, and doing things a little at a time so you can ride as you build ;)

just of the fone to one of my buddys (the guy with the blaster in my sig) he owns a shop and is planning on spraying his blasty next weekend , so were gonna strip both quads at mine and spray them silver at his shop ! i wanted to spray it some crazy colour but if i ever get different plastics the crazy colour mightn't look good!i decided im keeping my upper arms blue as there in v good condition and dont need a respray and im spraying my lower a-arms black I:I

4525-2011-01-03-12-41-11.jpg
4524-2011-01-03-12-41-03.jpg
got everything but the swinger and engine off as the guy who had it before me welded a nut on one side of the swinger bolt and tapped the other and it aint coming loose !! so i put some wd-40 on it for an hour and let it soak,still nothing!! so my only other option is heat!! im actually as it was the only weld/bad thing i found stripping it !! and realised i have a 6. farme which are like 700! and a walshrc steering arm which is like 130!! :D

Just a side note for next time, wd40 isn't a penetrating oil it's more of a lubricant. Use PB Blaster or someother type of good penetrating oil next time on hard to crack loose bolts. Give them a good hit with a hammer and spray them down good

white plastics and bright highlighter yellow frame,,, just like Dana Creech's old yfz... do it man

i wanted white platics and a yellow,bright green or candy red frame but no money for my white plastics but i know what your on about man loooks sweeeet!!!

this what he sent me:
ill trade
plus 1 gt thunder a arms
3 shocks with aftermarket springs
stock stem
and 775 bucks for your plus 2 a arms and shocks and stem
lmk

Soubds like a gooddeal for you. You arent completely back to stock and u will have some cash to get it fixed up and ridable

well brought my frame to the local machine shop ,50 to powdercoat it and the subframe black :D and i another 30 to do my clutch cover,started gear cover,bead lockers,brake lever,oil filter cover,tip on my exhaust and lower a-arms !! also if i sold them arms i found a trike for €450 (honda 125cc 1987) but i will prolly get it for 400 .They are collectors items over here ,happy out :)