yb200's build....

3vfae.jpg

15yzsye.jpg

2rdzwqv.jpg

zthmqq.jpg

Yeh....I remember it took me one day and a page for teardown.

Now it's weeks and still not together! You'll still be done before me...LOL

idk man i gotta wait till Christmas or after to get my motor work done....im gunna drag it out thru the winter and clean and polish everything....im not gunna want to ride it when im done...lmao

Haha...ya know I thought about putting my powder coating oven up and start on my frame. I may still consider it. I just don't wanna miss a good snow to go out and rip in!

I want to...but I don't....hmm

You may have a point...drag it out til spring.

Man look what you done now! Thinkin...

Haha...ya know I thought about putting my powder coating oven up and start on my frame. I may still consider it. I just don't wanna miss a good snow to go out and rip in!

I want to...but I don't....hmm

You may have a point...drag it out til spring.

Man look what you done now! Thinkin...

the way i look at it.....it gets me outta the house lol

Very true! Mine gets me....well still in the house...basement if you will

Have you decided on a color to powder coat the frame?

i am going to have my brother spary it with auto paint....not 100 percent sure on the color yet.....prolly red or blue or orange or yellow lol

Hmm...if ya got all winter, do it right and protect it from that rust ya see around that frame with some powder. It will last years...and hard abuse! If the prep is done right. Blasted, pretreated, then powdered. If you wanna check around at local places, ask their process they use to coat. If they won't say, then move on to the next. I powder coated alot of things over the years, and still good to this day. Here...check for yourself the durability by my test I got here:

This is after:

IMG_3895.jpg

If you need to choose on colors, let me know and you can order the powder yourself and have the coater use it. Saves you money on ordering it through him as well

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like dark colors for the frame, then i got a few colors in actual products I have done and can tell you what color they are....

Man...I wish you were closer...I'd hook ya up. Would give me motivation to put up my oven!

I did a frame once, from manual strip to powder, for $200. This was one coat of silver metallic, and candy blue over that. Took a few days, but I wasn't in it to make people broke, i liked the compliments more than anything!

Yeh...I may be out tearing mine down soon and redoing my frame because I got some rusting starting. No since in having a nice motor on a crappy looking frame!

Sandblasting it wouldn't be much...if you manually strip it to bare metal, which I can point you towards a good, fast...well really fast stripper, and take it for blasting, all they gotta do is go over it quick and it's done. So labor for that wouldn't be much. for as much as you would have in paint, you could have it stripped and blasted. Save a little for coating for maybe $200 and that will be it.

So maybe $300 max you'll have in it. Brand new frame too!