yayy:)

blasterboy 2000

Sep 2, 2011
got my blaster back Thursday night at 1 in the morning rode all day today and rideing tommorow:) heres a little running video

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats bro, it's great to see things done right.

You'll be flying on that thing after another tank full!

got some bad news. went rideing was on my way to grandmas and it got colder really fast and put a hole in piston from leaning out in the cold weather. :(

i say airleak, or improper jetting from the get go, not cold weather.
it would have had to drop 20-30 degrees for a properly jetted bike to fry,
what base gasket was used, what were the results of a leakdown test, and what main jet was in it ???
were you holding it wide open for long periods ????

and this prolly got started the other day when you to rode it without a filter !!!!!
time to start doing your own work, guided by us on here, not uncle dave

i say airleak, or improper jetting from the get go, not cold weather.
it would have had to drop 20-30 degrees for a properly jetted bike to fry,
what base gasket was used, what were the results of a leakdown test, and what main jet was in it ???
were you holding it wide open for long periods ????

and this prolly got started the other day when you to rode it without a filter !!!!!
time to start doing your own work, guided by us on here, not uncle dave

it did drop 22 degress. i went to my grams house down the road and was there for 2 hours and it got colder so i let it warm up longer. and on my way the it died and lost compression. he did plug chops. and had it perfect for warmer whether didnt think it dropped that much but it did. and had oem gaskets. and idk the jets. but i didnt hold it wide open never do.

do a leakdown test before tearing it apart

Did you confirm the piston has a hole in it?

piston.jpg
yuppers had no compression.

Man I recommend you go for a hearing test, with detonation to cause that hole in the piston you should have heard it happening.

Before you start the motor , (after you fit the new piston), do a leak down test.
Look to see if there is any crap in the carby.

Check that you have the jetting correct, and do plug chops before you ride it any distance.

I am presuming that you looked for the cause of the old motor having to be rebuilt.

Or did you?????

Oh , and by the way the bottom end is going to have heaps of grit in it, and will have to be split to clean it out.

Last edited:
Man I recommend you go for a hearing test, with detonation to cause that hole in the piston you should have heard it happening.

Before you start the motor , (after you fit the new piston), do a leak down test.
Look to see if there is any crap in the carby.

Check that you have the jetting correct, and do plug chops before you ride it any distance.

I am presuming that you looked for the cause of the old motor having to be rebuilt.

Or did you?????

Oh , and by the way the bottom end is going to have heaps of grit in it, and will have to be split to clean it out.

did the whole ten yard. jeting leak down everything. i didnt hear it cause i had my snowmobile helmet on cause it was cold as tits. blocks the sound of my bike. and already ahead of you spliting cases one ever we have the chance. getting it bored by a freind and putting new piston and rings in.

No offense but do it yourself this time. We will help you EVERY step of the way. Show us pics of the plug chops before you run it for long periods. That hole was caused by a VERY lean conditon. The jetting must have been so badly off that it was unbelievable. You properly mixed gas correct? I hate to see this keep happening to you. Just let us help you!

No offense but do it yourself this time. We will help you EVERY step of the way. Show us pics of the plug chops before you run it for long periods. That hole was caused by a VERY lean conditon. The jetting must have been so badly off that it was unbelievable. You properly mixed gas correct? I hate to see this keep happening to you. Just let us help you!

theres no way i can do it myself. dont have the tools and dont have the money he is paying for everything again. and i have to pay him back