Yamaha Blaster No Spark

Cr250MIke

Nov 18, 2010
Marlboro NJ
Hi, my friends 2004 yamaha blaster has no spark. It does not start or run. We just got an entire harness with new cdi coil and everything off of ebay, and still nothing. It has the oil injector and tors removed. We think it is the stator. Are there any signs of a bad stator, and the lights still work good if that would have anything to do with the stator being bad. and if this helps it had no spark before but we pulled it and it started. then about a week later it stopped idling then completely stopped running, and would not start back up since then. Please help we really want to go riding this weekend. thanks

yeah its defiantly spark we checked before and after and it does not have one single spark. it has a new top end, we cleaned the carb, checked the reeds, its jetted right, everything is good for it to start just no spark

is there any way we can check this before buying a new coil? and do we need a flywheel puller or is there a way to get it off with out one?

not sure about the test im sure there is one you will have to check voltages at certain points im not sure of the points though... but yes you will need a flywheel puller

alright thanks man, we will try and get the flywheel off tomorrow and hopefully order the stator. and one more thing, can it possibly be really dirty or rusty and that make it not have spark? it has not sat for a while but it does look a little dirty behind the flywheel

it shouldnt be rusty in the flywheel and stator a little dirty or greasy maybe but not enough to really cause your problems you probably just have a bad coil

You will want to test the pickup coil and source coil of the stator before purchasing a new one. Coil replacement isn't difficult, but requires soldering skill.

Pull off the wire from the stator to the main harness (on frame above motor on left). test resistance of:

Pickup coil: wht/red to black (16-24 ohms)
Source coil: grn/wht to blk/red (192-288 ohms)

For an 04, you really should have the 03+ SUPPLEMENT, PM me your email and I will send it to you. Also, you should have the basic manual.>> www.rydindirty.com/blastermanual.pdf