yamaha blaster air scoops

daniel3877

Sep 17, 2007
upstate new york
i have been looking at these air scoops from project blaster, they seem to be the only ones around that carry these damn things, so i called them up to order me a set cause i think they look pretty sweet, really dress teh bike up, they said these air scoops are currently on back order and may be a month before they can get more in.....that sucks, plus they are 60 bucks before shipping,
im thinking these scoops look really easy to make if i had some measurements, theres only a few bends and two little brackets that bolt to the fender bolts,
does anyone have these scoops on their bike and could take a sec to give me some measurements of the scoops and brackets so i can bend some up
thanx everyone, it would really save me a few bucks and a long time waiting.

It's a little more involved than what you think. If you really want to save money and feel good about yourself, build your own and do not rely on someone else's R&D.

lmao...how the hell could two flat pieces of aluminum with two right angle bends be more " involved than what i think " !!! whatever pittboss...thanx for your help

right......thanx battbike, i just cut my fenders a few weeks ago and have the pieces left, i never thought of that...
the thing is, i work construction and do allot of work in soffits and facia, i have my own aluminum break,
it would be nothing to bend up a few pieces of metal.. i was just looking for a few rough measurments.

lmao...how the hell could two flat pieces of aluminum with two right angle bends be more " involved than what i think " !!! whatever pittboss...thanx for your help

Not trying to be a smart ass,, but there IS more than just 2 bends with ours.

1, We water jet them so all of them are exactly the same.

2, Then there are 4 different set ups to achieve the proper bents due to the fact that there are a left and right to ours.

3, Our brackets are designed for each side also

4, We also supply the new bolts to bolt them on with. Since it's required to remove them why not replace with new.

Given the fact that we use 1/8" alminum and the time involved in the above steps, I believe that they are worth the price that we charge for them. They look professional, the fit is unmatched and hold up without failure.

If this is so easily copied then send me a set of yours and maybe I'll market them to help you out.

Thanks for the time,

Pittboss45

Im not against PB or pitboss but sometimes people have stuff laying around their garage and they can whip somthing up quick without spending money, pesonally i would buy ur air scoops but i dont have enough money and my parents think its too much money and they wont let me get them

yea jackson makes em and then on ebay u can give them a best offer and i got mine for less then 55 i offered em 25 plus the 10 dollar shipping that was like 35 bucks thats not bad right?

jackson makes a nice pair, also there is a diy from him if ya wanna attemt to make your own...THIS THREAD IS OLD !..LOL.. somebody must have been searching the archives !

Looks like the search feature just brings up all the old stuff. But Yamaha Blaster03 has been bringing up alot of old threads the past few days!!! Anyways go buy d.jackson air scoops...They are bad ass!