WTB audio

Ill get us back on track, so here it goes.

Ive dabbled in a bit of car audio myself. Dont forget when your purchasing subs its not all in how much watts can a sub take. The important watts ratting to look at is RMS not peak. RMS= the amount of watts a sub can handle continually.

Reactions: 01blaster_freak
Ill get us back on track, so here it goes.

Ive dabbled in a bit of car audio myself. Dont forget when your purchasing subs its not all in how much watts can a sub take. The important watts ratting to look at is RMS not peak. RMS= the amount of watts a sub can handle continually.

You answered exactly what i was gonna ask, thanx for that. I'll give ya a rep point for that one.

Thanks 01blaster freak.

And if you ever have any more audio ?'s fire away. I dont know it all but I can usually help quite a bit.

another thing to look at is decibels per watt or db, its a good rating to how loud a sub is for how much power you are putting into it. and 1000 watts per sub is a lot of power RMS wise. im only pushing 800 watts between two 15s and its really loud. there are also 3 main kinds of boxes you need to put into consideration when purchasing your system, ported have more thump and are louder, good for rap music, sealed boxes are more for tight bass, like rock, and bandbass are kinda a mix between the 2

Im pretty sure there are no dB rattings on subs.

and as for saying ported, vs seald and bandpass can give you this or that is gennerally true. But it all comes down too how the box was tuned.

I for one build my on speaker boxes, for the mear reason of getting better matched products. Ie. subs to box. B/c when you buy cookie cutter boxes you dont know what sub was used to tune the port/bandpass. And retail stores tend to just throw any sub in the enclosure.

And as a home builder I only build sealed enclosures, b/c to buy the proper equipment to tune a port would cost me way too much, in the 3-5K range. And I get great sounding boxes all the time, and when it comes to what type of music your litening to. You just tune all your components to the correct frequencies.

and yeah building your own speaker boxes to your specific speakers is usually better if u know what ur doing for the reasons you mentioned

do you by any chance for hire to do a custom enclosure or two?

Sure do, but shipping of a custom enclosure from west coast to PA would be expensive. And without your car/truck for me to take measurments and make mock up templates out of cardboard would make the build difficult. that is unless you just want a square or wedge box.

yes there are decibel ratings for subs, its referred to as sensitivity on crutchfield.com

I stand corrected. Hum, I did some searching and find sensitivity/dB ratings on subs, not all though.

Ive never used these ratings in determining what to buy/install though.

Sure do, but shipping of a custom enclosure from west coast to PA would be expensive. And without your car/truck for me to take measurments and make mock up templates out of cardboard would make the build difficult. that is unless you just want a square or wedge box.

its actually for a Trans Am all it would be is a flat piece to cover the rear cargo trunk thingy

I built a sweet box for my camaro, i let my friend use it with his subs on his house system an it cracked the window in his house it was hitting so hard.

I stand corrected. Hum, I did some searching and find sensitivity/dB ratings on subs, not all though.

Ive never used these ratings in determining what to buy/install though.

Sensitivity determins how much output the sub will give per watt applied. I actually am a car audio tech for a living. Its important especially if your on a budget, looking for a sub with high output and not needing much power. If anyone is looking for high output subs and doesnt want to spend there life savings you might want to check out RE audio or DD subs. Adire audio makes some pretty sweet stuff too.

i have two 15" subs for sale it also includes the amp. they are lightning audio and i only used them for about 5 monthes then i sold my car. they were in the trunk of y civic and they pounded hard. i could put my wallet on the roof and one hit and it would jump off the roof. i still the box too it is custom made for a 95 civic but it should fit i the camaro.