work boots and no heel gaurds = disaster

Damn dude, glad you're alright!!

Back in HS I was double riding my GF on the back of my quadsport with realtor tires and she put her foot down somehow and her ankle ended up beneath the rear tire.....needless to say she was never able to do any ballet ever again.

^^ thats messed up bro,haha

Ive never taken my heel guards off...

TOO DANGEROUS

It does look cool though,and also cutting the front fenders is is the same category

I am feeling the reality of not running nerfs or heel guards as I managed to get my right leg caught under the rear tire after my foot slipped off of the peg on a pretty hair turn, Needless to say I'm trying to find plans to make some nerfs and heel guards, and have also moved getting rear brakes back on my bike a higher priority

holy crap. now if i get yfz fenders i makin me some heelguards. im nervous bout ridin mine with out heelgurds now but i still have mine on

I am feeling the reality of not running nerfs or heel guards as I managed to get my right leg caught under the rear tire after my foot slipped off of the peg on a pretty hair turn, Needless to say I'm trying to find plans to make some nerfs and heel guards, and have also moved getting rear brakes back on my bike a higher priority

i have some stock metal heel guards you can have, jsut pay shipping. one side still has the black plastic one side does not. lemme know

OUCH! After reading this thread a while back, I decided to go with heel guards too. I'm not a big nerf fan however.

That sucks bro! Sorry that happened. Puttin my heal guards back on, thought it looked cool without them but its not worth-it. Take care man.

you do all know this happened last may, not this year, but glad a few bro's are taking heed to this possibly happening without some type of protection back there, i put yfz 450 heelgaurds on my boys bike, direct fit even with nerfs, look awsome and were only $19 brand new(sweet score!!!)
but will be fitting these to my bike very soon, possibly this week...................
http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/lt-r450-pro-armor-nerfs-my-blaster-26442/

sh*t man, I used to ride quads all the time with no heel guards!! Not a nerf bar fan but the heel guards are nice...if the foot slips off the pegs (which rarely happens) it hits the metal back there. Try better pegs, raised up on the ends, and you can sharpen them too with a file. Not too sharp though!