Won't turn over

swiss

Jun 3, 2012
I have a 93' blaster and i just recently fixed the reed valve, cleaned the carb, and got a new spark plug. It was running then i drove it and it died on me while riding it, and now it won't turn over. Any suggestions?

What did you do to the reed valve? Did you replace them ? Did you use use loctite on the screws ? Did you install the reed stop back on ?

Well, i replaced 1 of the reed valves which was completely shot. No, i didn't use loctite on the screws. what exactly is loctite? Yes, i installed the reed stop back on.

Okay. I suppose ought to buy some. A lot of bolts on quad are lose and I'm constantly tightening them.

Yes, the engine still turns when i kick it. How does one do a sparkplug air compression test? I seen how a leakdown test was done.

Yes, i ordered them off the internet and i thought it come with two but, came with just one. Should i replace both? :/

The spark you just turn your fuel off and pull your sparkplug out and leave it in the spark plug boot and ground it against the head on the blasty. You are looking for a blue spark. The compression test is done by removing your spark plug and putting a compression tester that screws into the spark plug hole in there. You kick the engine over until the gauge maxxes out.

Well, I know for sure I'm getting spark. Unsure on the compression. That is something, I'll have to check. I'm fairly new to all this stuff.

Also when you do the Compression Check Hold the throttle Wide open when kicking , kick at least 10 times with throttle wide open , That's how you do It Properly with a 2 Stroke motor